Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
I have WIndows XP SP2 and i want to know how to start UPS service. I have LUMINOUS 600 VA UPS. Also will voltage fluctuation affect UPS service, meaning that during fluctuation my PC will hibernate(if i set it to do so)???

Tech&ME

Banned
You need not start the UPS service manually , this service will start automatically, when configured correctly. To use this service your UPS must support monitoring capabablity by windows. Which means your UPS must have a COM port which can be connect to your computers COM port. In Window XP go to the Power Options, to do this right click on your desktop --> select properties -->Select Screen Saver Tab --> Click on the POWER button here , this will open the Power Settings dialog box, here click on the UPS tab ---> click the Select button to select your UPS (select Generic) here and then the custom for your UPS type, select Finish button. Windows will try to detect your UPS and will configure it. This will also start the UPS service.

Once you are done, configure it to shutdown after a power failiure automatically, u can test your settings by switching off the power switch of the UPS from the switch board on your wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom