ivanpatro2000

Right off the assembly line
well some days ago started to face a peculiar problem from my ups. It sometimes provides me with backup and at other times it does not, especially while playing games or when the computer has been on for a long duration.
I recharged it a numerous no. of times to gain the battery backup strength but still the problem exists.I am living in an area where power failures are a normal event.So, please help me figure out why does it happen.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
How old is your UPS? The UPS batteries mostly die after 2-3 years of usage. Mine did.

A battery vendor said that he will repair it but he just kept on charging overnight after which it gave sound backup...but once discharged it again started behaving abnormally. Kicked it out and replaced with a new one...everything's is fine now

OP
I

ivanpatro2000

Right off the assembly line
its just 11 months old.it provides good backup at times.it doesnot provide me backup when the computer has been on for a long time say an hour or 2 or while playing games.be it any

vwad

In the zone
I also have same problem. My UPS is not working at all. When there is power cut, everything is turned off. How much does new battery cost ? My UPS is Favourite P-Tronics that I bought way back in 2001.

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

its just 11 months old.it provides good backup at times.it doesnot provide me backup when the computer has been on for a long time say an hour or 2 or while playing games.be it any

Its backup time must be limited to some period. Try posting name, serial number and also if possible a photo of it so that you might receive more specific support. I am not expert though, just my suggestion to get you better support. :)

Top Bottom