Upgrading to Grand 2 from Desire SV

maverick121

Journeyman
Hi ,

i currently have a HTC desire SV.It has lots of issues and now is bricked.I want to buy a new phone with bigger screen and that can play HD Videos and has a better performance than the desire SV.But since the Moto G has launched will the Price of Grand 2 be reduced ? Its a little overpriced,ThinkDigit Review also says this.

Any other recommendations?

S4 Mini is a good phone at 20k.
It doesn't have 720p screen but it has qHD AMOLED screen. Also it has 1.5GB RAM(performance is same as Moto G)

If you compare it with Moto G, S4 Mini's advantages:
- AMOLED screen
- Touchwiz UI(many geeks here will be offended, but still)
- Expandable storage
- After Sales Service

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Grand 2 is best.. I had a hands on in croma last week.. looks good & responsive also.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't buy Grand 2 right now. Compared to Grand, Grand 2 has got almost no response from customers because of the high price. Under 20k, Grand 2 makes sense over Moto G but at 24k, avoid or wait.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
don't buy Grand 2 right now. Compared to Grand, Grand 2 has got almost no response from customers because of the high price. Under 20k, Grand 2 makes sense over Moto G but at 24k, avoid or wait.

it's not 24k.. in local shops getting it for 21.5 k..

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
it's not 24k.. in local shops getting it for 21.5 k..

Yeah you can get it for around 22k.I had my hands on Grand 2 Few problems i had noticed are

1.When going back from the app menu,back to the home screen there is a small wait time

2.When opening the camera there is a small wait time

3.When opening the gallery there is also a wait time

I was really annoyed with this,so i decided to try with S4,Note3 and the high end devices there.I found that this lag or wait is found on even the flagship S4 and Note3 ,but may be a little(a fraction less)

Is this normal,can anyone check this for me if they can do a demo.At my place the device demo is only available at one place.Im waiting to try demo at another retailer.

S4 Mini is a good phone at 20k.
It doesn't have 720p screen but it has qHD AMOLED screen. Also it has 1.5GB RAM(performance is same as Moto G)

If you compare it with Moto G, S4 Mini's advantages:
- AMOLED screen
- Touchwiz UI(many geeks here will be offended, but still)
- Expandable storage
- After Sales Service

S4 Mini is Dual Core ,while grand 2 is Quad Core ,and AMOLED is too bright for me

Yeah,that makes me feel that i need to wait.Well how long do you think samsung will take to cut down the price?

anky

Youngling
^after 24th event(there is some event, CES i think in which many new mobiles are announced/launched) there is a chance maybe...

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
^after 24th event(there is some event, CES i think in which many new mobiles are announced/launched) there is a chance maybe...

MWC and yeah many new phones are gonna be announced there

Top Bottom