Upgrading, suggest a CPU

sidaddict

Right off the assembly line
i need to upgrade my computer's MOTHERBOARD , PROCESSOR , RAM.

but i am confused which processor to choose from, my budget is 10k max. I am a big AMD fan but intel sandy bridge cpu's are giving very nice performance.

I have a few options.

AMD ATHLON II X4 645
INTEL CORE I3 550 3.2 GHZ
AMD PHENOM II X2 560

Computer is used for Graphic design and web design purpose so a lot of Adobe products are used, Gaming, and a lot of multitasking.

my current configuration.

AMD ATHLON X2 4000+, ZOTAC MOTHERBOARD, 2GB DDR2 667 RAM, CROSAIR CX500 PSU, GPU - XFX ATI RADEON 6770 1GB, 2 X 500 GB HDD.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Let us know what exact motherboard you're having. If it is a AM2+ motherboard then just get a new AM3 CPU and add another GB ram.

Currently the price of all the components have been increased a lot and within 10K it is very hard to find quality components. Also INTEL CORE I3 550 3.2 GHZ is not Sandybridge, it is the previous gen Core processors, already reached its End of Life.

Now Athlon II X4 processors are very hard to find in the market and you have to go with Phenom II X4 processors.

Try for this:-

AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 6K
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P (rev. 3.1) @ 2.7K
G-skill RipjawX 4GB X 1 1600 MHz DDR3 ram @ 1.5K

However, I thin you can fetch around 3K but selling of your existing CPU, mobo and Ram. If you're going for that then consider the Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3.

Tarun

In the zone
go with a 955 Be but make sure u go with a Gigabyte Ga-800Gm-USB3 it more on the safer side though the 78LMT-S2P supports 125w CPU but still and if u do brin gin 78LMT make sure its the 3.1 Rev

Top Bottom