Upgrading Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
salils said:
Will this conf. without graphics card play all the new games for me??

Well not all games..but a few....An at very low settings...If ur tight on budget then get a 6200 or something..then u can play most of the games...

cyrux

In the zone
samrulez said:
Well not all games..but a few....An at very low settings...If ur tight on budget then get a 6200 or something..then u can play most of the games...
I am managing to play oblivion on my onbard 6100 with 512 Mb of RAM .... lol

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
salils said:
these mobos support intel or only amd????????/
One motherboard can only support one processor. ASUS A8N supports AMD.

salils said:
john_the_ultimate said:
Get an AMD64 3000+ with ASUS A8N-VM CSM mobo. Also get urself atleast 512mb DDR 400 stick then add another in "dual channel mode" when u want to. The onboard video controller will be better than ur current one and in future u could save money and buy a gfx card.
The cpu+mobo+ram will come under ur budget of 15K. I would say that u save more and then buy a gfx card later.
Will this conf. without graphics card play all the new games for me??
No, it won't. You most probably won't be able to play any game released after 2004. You will need a graphics card for that. Frankly speaking, a budget of fifteen thousand is quite meagre when you want to go in for a gaming PC. You have to add XFX GeForce 6600 GT 128MB to the above config to enable it to play most games. It will set you back by around Rs. 6,500. It still won't be able to handle the likes of Quake 4, mind you.

salils said:
Will u plz clear me LOW SETTING?????????
If you have played any game on a computer, you must have seen the display settings in 'Options'. You can change these settings to suit your configuration. A low setting would typically mean a resolution of 800x600 with most of the options turned off or set to 'Low'. With the graphics card I suggested, you will likely be able to play the older games (released in 2004) at high settings and newer games at medium or low. Games look graphically brilliant when the settings are all high and the graphics become choppy and rough as the settings are lowered. Hope that helped! :)

Last edited:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@aryayush

The combination of A8N-VM CSM + amd64 3000+ and 512MB DDR RAM is quite capable of playing doom3 and HL2 at low setting. And u r also saying that even after adding a 6600gt gfx card to this config. one might be able to play Quake 4. Let me tell u friend that I have 6600gt 128mb and I am able to play DOOM3, HL2, QUAKE 4 and COD2 at high setting with good frame rate.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You are able to play Quake 4 at 'high setting(s)' with a '6600gt 128mb'?!? That is difficult to believe. In DIGIT's review, the reviewer stated that the game murdered his nVidia 7800 card. Are you quite sure it is Quake 4 you are talking about here?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Ya man! Quake 4 with "high quality" setting @ 1024 x 768. Forget the reviews, first try playing at the setting mentioned and then see for urself. But surely you can't expect to play it at 1600 X 1200 with high settings on a 6600gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom