Upgrading my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
My current PC configuration can be seen below in my signature.
I have a budget of Rs 9000. I want to upgrade my system, so that it can easily play HD content, and it must have a very good onboard graphics subsystem, so that I can play most of the games without stuttering.
The components I want to upgrade are motherboard, processor and RAM.

Can anyone please suggest the best at this price? [Also mention the price of each component]

My current choices:
1. Processor-AMD athlon x2 7750 BE or Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200
2.Motherboard-Dont Know
3.RAM- 2gb DDR2 800MHz Transcend RAM.

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Athlon X2 7750 B.E. - - Rs. 3,500
Transcend 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM - - Rs. 2,250
Biostar 780G + SB 700 - - - Rs. 3,200

Onboard graphics:-
HD3200(HD3450 without memory)
40 Stream Processors
DX10.1 support

Run any old game(a.k.a. older than 2008) with good quality settings, and HD content is a piece of cake.

Last edited:
OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Athlon X2 7750 B.E. - - Rs. 3,500
Transcend 2*2=4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM - - Rs. 2,250
Biostar 780G + SB 700 - - - Rs. 3,200

Onboard graphics:-
HD3200(HD3450 without memory)
40 Stream Processors
DX10.1 support

Run any old game(a.k.a. older than 2008) with good quality settings, and HD content is a piece of cake.

Thanks but how about Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H in place of the Biostar 780G + SB 700 ? Which one is better?

Is there any intel alternative I can get within this price?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well, do you need HDMI? If not, just stick to the Biostar, as it's not worth spending an extra 1k when both will give same performance.

toofan

Technomancer
You can go for E7300 and use some cheaper motherboard with that. It won't be costlier then 3 thousand and then buy Kingston 2gb 800 Mhz for Rs 1200.00
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Comp addict can mention some cheap mobo for you in that budget.

E7300 5500
RAm: 1200
total: 6700
9000-6700= 2300 add an extra 1 thousand and go for that Mobo which compadict mentioned.

Last edited:
OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Has the biostar mobo got DVI output ?

Another query: Will an ordinary 400w smps be ok for this system ?

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Get CM 460W for Rs. 2,400
or
Powersafe Silver 400W for Rs. 1,200

What kind of graphics cards will be safe to use with the the powersafe silver ?
Can I install a 9600gt without probs.

I have an Intex 400w smps right now. Will it support the config you and the others specified?{due to cash constraints, not thinking of buying the powersafe right now}

toofan

Technomancer
go for any thing form good brands 500w(if you will upgrade in future).
Other wise 450w is more then enough for 9600gt

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
I dont want to spend much on the SMPS. As I have already mentioned, my budget is limited to only Rs 9000. So, I think i'll be buying the powersafe one.

Anither query: In one of my earlier threads, I had enquired about a 19" LCD within Rs 8000, from which I got no replies. Could anyone be please suggest me one?

Thanks and keep the valuable suggestions coming in.

acewin

Point Blanc
well why 19 inch, when the the best monitor in your budget is Benq T2200HD which is a full HD monitor
go with amd config, many reasons
Posted again:
well why 19 inch, when the the best monitor in your budget is Benq T2200HD which is a full HD monitor, it may cost you around 9-9.5K
If it is out of reach due to budget issues, then Dell 1909 is what you are looking for cost is 7-7.5K, check with Dell, and availability with local dealers.

go with amd config, many reasons, nothing can beat it in the given budget
POV is better than Zebronics

Last edited:
OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Is dell 1909w the best or are there better alternatives from other companies(like viewsonic or samsung )?

Wait a sec guys.....hows the 9300 chipset? I've heard that its IGP's the best?
Do you know of any good nvidia 9300 based mobo within Rs 4000?{I think its on the intel platform}

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Is dell 1909w the best or are there better alternatives from other companies(like viewsonic or samsung )?
Wouldn't count on viewsonic- their really bad customer support and warranty honour is an epic fail. Dont know much about samsung screens.
Wait a sec guys.....hows the 9300 chipset? I've heard that its IGP's the best?
Its on intel platform- but not the best. Onboard graphics is better off with AMD honestly. 790gx gives a better kick against the 9300 chipset. Besides nvidia still havent perfected the CAS 4 latency on their chipset yet. Nvidia once admitted themselves that they havent implemented the advance path feature to get proper support for memory timings to work properly.
Out of curiosity- which power supply?

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Its on intel platform- but not the best. Onboard graphics is better off with AMD honestly. 790gx gives a better kick against the 9300 chipset. Besides nvidia still havent perfected the CAS 4 latency on their chipset yet. Nvidia once admitted themselves that they havent implemented the advance path feature to get proper support for memory timings to work properly.
Out of curiosity- which power supply?

Well, I've read reviews, which favour the 9300 in the graphics department, way ahead of 780G. Could I please know the names of a few motherboards and their respective prices for the 9300 chipset?

Thanks

And my PSU is intex 400w.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Goes without saying- trash the intex psu. If you are going to be stuck with onboard, you can go for VIP silver 500w or cm 390w. But if you are planning to put a graphic card in the near future- it depends on what kind of graphic you will plan to buy.
The competition for 9300 nvidia chipset is amd 790gx to be honest. Check out the conclusions yourself:
*techreport.com/articles.x/15690/13
You can go for it, but as you see it on the conclusions- eventually you will have to get newer drivers and update bios. In this day of age, BIOS update and drivers is inevitable if one wants optimal yield and if one wants to get the machine working properly on any current systems.

OP
GeekyBoy

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Goes without saying- trash the intex psu. If you are going to be stuck with onboard, you can go for VIP silver 500w or cm 390w. But if you are planning to put a graphic card in the near future- it depends on what kind of graphic you will plan to buy.
The competition for 9300 nvidia chipset is amd 790gx to be honest. Check out the conclusions yourself:
*techreport.com/articles.x/15690/13
You can go for it, but as you see it on the conclusions- eventually you will have to get newer drivers and update bios. In this day of age, BIOS update and drivers is inevitable if one wants optimal yield and if one wants to get the machine working properly on any current systems.

Okay, thanks, But I still do want to know the price of a cheaply priced(within Rs 4000) motherboard with the 9300 chipset.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom