Upgrading cpu. mobo. ram. and psu.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gta4, Crysis 3, Max payne 3 and GTA 5 hopefully. watching movies, browsing yada. yada.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:14k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Dunno.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Using Windows 7 currently and would use the same.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:None have 1tb already.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Nope I already have 17inch 720p.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor, keyboard, mouse, graphics card, and case.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:Soon this month only.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Nope. Would ask my friend.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:New Delhi.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I've shortlisted AMD FX 6300 for processor and CX 430v2 for psu please suggest me mobo and ram and any other processor if its better than FX 6300 at gaming and I have HD 7750 GPU currently.

Last edited:

ankush28

Bazinga
FX 6300 @ 7.3k
Asus m5a97 r2.0 @ 6k
Antec VP450P @ 2.6k (remove cx430v2 it have some issues)
Ram G.skill RipjawsX 4gb @ 2.3k
this is minimum :) you should get
Or gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.2k

Option 1:

i3 3220 (7000)
Gigabyte B75M DH3 (4000)
Corsair Value Select 4 GB (1900)
Corsair CX430V (2700)

total: 15.6k

option 2:

same as askush28's suggestion.

ankush28

Bazinga
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.'
Ans:Gamingwatching movies, browsing yada. yada.

uffff

ankush28

Bazinga
cheaper am3+ mobo are there but I'll not recommend them better stick with what I suggested get gigabyte one and
corsair value select 1333mhz CL9 Ram @ 1.8k

ankush28

Bazinga
low end MoBo AM3+ motherboards needs to be flashed with latest BIOS to work with latest Piledriver processors unless you get revised version like GA-78LMT-USB3 rev5.0 @ 3.6k better spend 1.6k more and be tension free

spending extra money worths you will not need to worry for next 3-4 years

OP
Nighthawk12

Nighthawk12

In the zone
@Ankush I'm thinking to buy this gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 @ 5.2k mobo as u suggested and yeah I need one more help. Would that mobo will fit in my cabinet? Umm currently i'm using 945gcm-s2l mobo it fits quite easily.
I'm using cabinet given by HCL. And I'm very tight on budget... can't afford cabinet atm.

P.S excuse my English lol.

OP
Nighthawk12

Nighthawk12

In the zone
And how will I know that if the motherboard support flashing without cpu? And if it doesn't it'll screw up because I don't have any other AMD CPU....

ankush28

Bazinga
OP if you are very strict on budget then better go for i3-3220 it is very very near to FX 6300 if you dont want to run highend cpu intensive program and 3d modeling editing stuff bla bla.
Very few current games are multithread optimised.

source:- AnandTech | Bench - CPU

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
OP if you are very strict on budget then better go for i3-3220 it is very very near to FX 6300 if you dont want to run highend cpu intensive program and 3d modeling editing stuff bla bla.
Very few current games are multithread optimised.

source:- AnandTech | Bench - CPU

Good suggestion for tight budget..

OP
Nighthawk12

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Nah mate, I'm avoiding i3.. cause I think AMD one will be more future proof compared to i3. Since the upcoming games will require more than 2 cores.. i.e BF4, GTA 5 etc.

Top Bottom