Upgrading 400R fans

OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Today i got my board back. I am using the same board temporarily. I am attaching a picture of my cable management. Its done in eaxtly the same way as it was before.
I dont have a nice camera with me. The pic is from my old mobile (Xperia Mini) running android 4.3

IMG_20131218_003303.jpg

kira

Right off the assembly line
The main issue is your mobo as it has 4+1 power phases.. thus VRM's gets alot hotter and makes CPU even hotter...

I would suggest to go with a GA mobo with 8+2 power phase design for VRM's. if you are using 8 core FX CPU by AMD

here is the list of all the mobo tests for issue...

AM3+ Motherboard Phasing list

Finally found out the problem with heating up. It was something wrong with motherboard. I have been trying things out from early morning. Took everything out of cabinet and ran the system and the temp at no processing at all was going to 40+. My friend has same setup with Sabertooth. I borrowed his board and tried running it and everything was fine. The CPU temp was around 10C.
BTW we changed the cooler orientation to pull from down and push above to exhaust and removed rear exhaust and it made the CPU cooler by 4-5 C

I will be sending the motherboard (GA-970A-DS3) to warranty tomorrow. Maybe it got damaged due to overclocking. I had my CPU a 3.6Ghz.

What do you suggest me now ? Should I sell away the board after i get it back ? If yes which one to buy. OR should I again use the same board.
I have max of 5000INR to invest

Last edited:
OP
S

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Cable management is fine. What are the temperatures now?

The max temp i saw was 43C at 100% CPU usage for 3 hours regularly.

The main issue is your mobo as it has 4+1 power phases.. thus VRM's gets alot hotter and makes CPU even hotter...

I would suggest to go with a GA mobo with 8+2 power phase design for VRM's. if you are using 8 core FX CPU by AMD

here is the list of all the mobo testes for issue...

AM3+ Motherboard Phasing list

Thanks for the list. The only one I can afford to buy id GA970A-UD3, but the problem is it isnt available online and the shops in Ludhiana dont keep even mid end boards.

kira

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the list. The only one I can afford to buy id GA970A-UD3, but the problem is it isnt available online and the shops in Ludhiana dont keep even mid end boards.

If you are planning to Use 8 core CPU which has TDP of 125Watt (as most of us know AMD FX series is very Power hungry in load it will reach upto 155watt or more) and plan to overclock even little. i would ask you to go with only 8+2 CPU power Phase Motherboard. but always Avoid MSI

If you are going to use 4+1 Board then please do not overclock at all..untill u get 8+2 power phase Board (recommended GA-990FXA-UD3/ASrock 990FXA Extreme 4/M5A99FX PRO R2.0)

The max temp i saw was 43C at 100% CPU usage for 3 hours regularly.

Those are god temps. What could be approx. room temperature?

Top Bottom