no gpu
no psu
1Gb ram
19" lcd

was going to get a new pc for hostel
such sick turn of events now im getting this crap or nothing

have 10k( max 12-13k) for upgrades
have been wanting to play games from such a long time :sad:
was so high about the new pc but these cribbing neighbors just changed my dad's mind altogether :censored:

i know its too damn less
but please get me something :wah:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
fill this and tell us whole details please - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
^ answer those questions
also give details about
so you need
  • Motherboard
  • a PSU
  • a cabinet
  • keyboard
  • mouse
  • gpu
The 1GB RAM you have is it DDR2 or DDR3?

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: max payne 3, most wanted 2012, mw 3

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:12k max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: xp

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: not needed

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 19"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: monitor, hard drive, disk drive, cabby, speakers, keyboard and mouse

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: maybe myself

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: can buy online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: its funny actually, i know my budget doesnt allow me to play the games mentioned above, but still

Nerevarine

Incarnate
you didnot give any details of what avinandan012 said..
If your mobo is DDR3, Buy another 4 GB RAM for 1.5k, A CX430v2 for 2.5k and a HD 7770 for 8k..
OC your processor and enjoy gaming at high settings with your current resolution:D

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
how do i check that?
ive downloaded cpu z
what now?

its ddr2

how to see the mobo?

OP
bee

bee

Journeyman
screenshot.JPG

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Rig 1:
i3 3210- 5.9K
H61 Mobo -3k
4 GB DDR3-1.5k
PSU - CX430v2 - 2.5k
Total - ~13k
For now, use the integrated HD 2500.. It is capable of playing most pre 2009 games at High settings at your current resolution and most games afterwards at med settings..
Sell off your current processor and other things, perhaps you will get around Rs 3K..
Save up or atleast 8k and buy HD 7770 or something similar
OR you can go for
Rig 2:
G2010 - 3k
H61 Mobo - 3k
4 GB DDR3 - 1.5k
PSU - CX430v2 -2.5k
Total - 10k.. You are left with 3k, sell of your current things for ~3k, add some more and get HD 7770

Go for Rig1 if you need time to save up for HD 7770, Buy Rig2, if you are gonna save up right away..Rig2's integrated GPU is less powerful ..

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
of course, if you buy RIg 2, you will be left with 3k + 3k from selling off things..
You can buy HD 7750/GTX 650 which can still play things on HIGH with your current res ..
Again, im quoting market prices, pricing and availability may be an issue at ur current residence..
Research locally and find out
The hardest part though is selling off your things to the right buyer..

ASHISH65

Technomancer
1)install windows 7 after getting ram

2)get g2010 rig + get minimum hd 6670 1gb ddr5 or hd 7750 1gb ddr5 would be best

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
he can continue using his proccy and mobo. add 2GB DDR2 ram for 2k. with the 10k, 7750 + Corsair VS450W. his processor won't be bottlenecked because 19" screen means resolution will be 1366X768.

else go Nerevarine's 2nd rig. thats the best you can get. or wait for midrange AMD A8 which will play most games at mid without any GPU.

ParaXite

Power User
Pairing up a G2010 with a 7750 will fit his budget i think. This is the best you can get OP. Extend your budget by 2-3k and get
The low clocked C2D like the one I have will bottleneck the GPU. Wont a G2010 solve this to a better extent?

G2010
H61 Motherboard
7750 1 GB GDDR5
Corsair 430W
4 GB RAM
(Nerevarine's rig 2)

Last edited:
Top Bottom