Upgradeable/Future proof configuration

guhanath

Journeyman
Hi All,

I need a PC congifuration for doing programming + mid level gaming(upgradeable later) for 35-40k. For now I am going to use it for my programming experience / study and then later upgrade it to mid level gaming in next 6 months.

Please find the answers below for the common questions.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I will use it for my programming experience/study. Softwares will be like Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server, Imaging Tools like Adobe Lightroom, Video conversion to mobile. Later I will use this existing configuration to include GFX for mid level gaming for games like Tomb Raider, NFS, Cricket, Football, Far Cry, Assasins Creed etc

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k + 5K + 20K(Later)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: I plan to use Windows 8, Let me know if I can stick to Windows 7 64 bit?

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Atleast 1TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. I have a monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers, Keyboard, Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: 2 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore/Coimbatore

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:
1. It's not important for games to run in Extreme Quality. But I should be able to get a decent medium level graphics on 1920*1080 resolution with playable fps.
2. I have shortlisted processor to be i5-3570K (it has decent HD4000 for now).
3. I have USB 3.0 and E-Sata external HDD. So the motherboard should support usb 3.0 and optionally e-sata. I shortlisted Gigabyte GAZ77X-UD3H and Asrock Z77 Extreme 6(which one to prefer?)
4. Needed PSU which should suit my future gaming needs (An SLI/Cross Fire is possible)
5. Needed Blu-ray Writer(internal).
6. Could you please suggest any shop in bangalore which could have these components and assemble it?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel i5 3570k - rs 14000

Gigabyte GAZ77X-UD3H - rs 12500

Corsair vengance 4gb x2 = 8gb - rs 4000

Nzxt gamma cabinet - rs 2500

Tosibha/seagate 1tb hd - rs 3700

Corsair Tx750psu- rs 6500

Total - rs 39200

For gpu get gtx 660ti @rs 19500 later + cm hyper evo cooler @rs 2100 to oc cpu.

For blueray drive may other members comment on it

Reccommended store:

1)ashirwad computers

2)anandit

Good luck!

FX 8350 (11500) better suited to applications you've mentioned
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (6900) very nice motherboard with good overclock support
Corsair TX650v2 (5700) enough to sun an SLI or CF
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 8GB (~3900)
CM Hyper 210 Evo (2200)
WD Blue 1TB (3900)
Corsair 400R (4900) much much much better than Gamma and an excellent product at it's budget

total: 39000

For graphic, it would be better to give a suggestion when you actually plan to make a purchase as new products will be released and pricing will change.

Cilus

laborare est orare
OP, what is the resolution of your Monitor? Please mention that in the 1st place as for suggesting a Graphics card and CPU, we need to know that factor.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
there is no futureproofing as such, current configs with i5 and a gtx 660 will last you 3 years at max, after that you will have to build a new config.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
FX 8350 (11500) better suited to applications you've mentioned
Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 (6900) very nice motherboard with good overclock support
Corsair TX650v2 (5700) enough to sun an SLI or CF
G.Skill RipjawsX 1600MHz 8GB (~3900)
CM Hyper 210 Evo (2200)
WD Blue 1TB (3900)
Corsair 400R (4900) much much much better than Gamma and an excellent product at it's budget

total: 39000

For graphic, it would be better to give a suggestion when you actually plan to make a purchase as new products will be released and pricing will change.

Suggest him GPU as this Rig though great dosnt have gpu built in either in the mainboard or the processor..

Moreover OP ,you dont wanna overclock then why on earth are you getting a Z mainboard with a K processor ,both meant for overclocking?

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
Intel i5 3570k - rs 14000

Gigabyte GAZ77X-UD3H - rs 12500

Corsair vengance 4gb x2 = 8gb - rs 4000

Nzxt gamma cabinet - rs 2500

Tosibha/seagate 1tb hd - rs 3700

Corsair Tx750psu- rs 6500

Total - rs 39200

For gpu get gtx 660ti @rs 19500 later + cm hyper evo cooler @rs 2100 to oc cpu.

For blueray drive may other members comment on it

Reccommended store:

1)ashirwad computers

2)anandit

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. Exactly my processor mobo combination. Do you have the complete address for these stores?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
1) Anandit computers

Address: No 113, Vivek Complex, Sadar Patrappa Road, Sadar Patrappa Road, Bangalore, Karnataka 560002

Phone:080 2212 1223

2)Ashirwad computers

No.1/1, Nxt No.115 Vivek Cmplx, Nr Town Hall Or Sjp Rd, 2nd Crs, S P Road, Bangalore - 560002

9900956559, 9844069541

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
OP , you wont be OCing , why do you want to go with a K series and a Z77 chipset... I think you wont be OCing straightaway but after some time.

OP
G

guhanath

Journeyman
I have a UPS currently

Ashish, Thanks for the contact infos

OP, what is the resolution of your Monitor? Please mention that in the 1st place as for suggesting a Graphics card and CPU, we need to know that factor.

Hi,

I did mentioned about my future needs in point 1 of question 11

Suggest him GPU as this Rig though great dosnt have gpu built in either in the mainboard or the processor..

Moreover OP ,you dont wanna overclock then why on earth are you getting a Z mainboard with a K processor ,both meant for overclocking?
Oh yeah, I forgot that. As OP is inclined on some other config, I will leave it as it is.

Top Bottom