Upgrade Suggestions for Core2Duo cpu

debrajrakshit

Broken In
Hi experts,

I have a Core2Duo desktop with Intel DG955WH motherboard. I want to upgrade my PC with new MB with a good cooling system, RAM of 4gb, Power Supply, HDD (more than 250gb), Cabinet with lots of ventilations. Can you provide me a good choices and of course with their market price.

Usage will be for Multimedia Usage such as Photoshop, Flash, Audio Tools, Video Tools, etc.

I don't want to change my CPU, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Optical Drive, Graphic Card.

Thanks

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi experts,

I have a Core2Duo desktop with Intel DG955WH motherboard. I want to upgrade my PC with new MB, RAM of 4gb, Power Supply, HDD (more than 250gb), Cabinet with lots of ventilations. Can you provide me a good choices and of course with their market price.

I don't want to change my CPU, Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, Optical Drive, Graphic Card.

Thanks

In TE, i saw someone selling his Asus P5Q for 2.5k. Grab that.
For RAM get G-Skill 2GB enuff as u already have RAM.
PSU - FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.2k
HDD - WD Blue 500GB/1TB
Cabinet - CM 690

Considering u dnt have a budget

OP
D

debrajrakshit

Broken In
Here it is.. I hope this is what you asking for! if not them plz tell me.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU 6300@1.86GHz ACPI/GENUINEINTEL_-_X86_FAMILY_6_Model_15/0

Thanks

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Then go with full upgrade, get a Quad Core like i5 and 6GB RAM and get VX550W to have more future-proof upgrade. Let wait for others to give suggestion on Mobo for i5 or AMD counterparts

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to upgrade my PC with new MB with a good cooling system, RAM of 4gb, Power Supply, HDD (more than 250gb), Cabinet with lots of ventilations.
I feel it makes sense to replace your processor too.

Tell us about your overall budget.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AMD X6 1075T @ 9.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 5.5k
Gskill 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 3k
Seagate 1TB @ 2.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
CM690 II Advanced @ 5k
TOTAL 29.2k

mitraark

Decrepit
Core i5 750 2.66GHz @ 8.2k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 @ 6.2k
Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 2.6k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 2.7k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
NZXT GAMMA @ 2k
TOTAL 25.2k

mitraark

Decrepit
Yes mind that i5 bundle you have to use separate GPU , you did mention you already have a GFX Card but please mention all of your current config.

OP
D

debrajrakshit

Broken In
I have NVDIA GeForce 8400GS with 512mb of RAM

Hope this one is helpfull :)

Also for Motherboard I want with a good colling system. In case I have to increase my budget for rs 5k, it's ok. Thanks ALL

Last edited:
Top Bottom