Upgrade problem plz help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
My cabby is zebronics bijli.My plan is to go for Gigabyte APFC 80+ 460W.Will it be fit in the space in my cabby?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@FilledVoid, if u look at his earlier posts and compare to what others were points, u'll find he was talking like a no brainer. recommending just any PSU he like (or was attracted to :smile:). a 550W local PSU (Zeb platinum) will give at most 70% efficiency, that also if one is lucky. compare it to Corsair CX400W which will deliver above 80% efficiency, always. so both delivering almost same power. but Corsair giving more current on the 12V rail (stable system under load) + 5years of ground breaking warranty. zebronics giving a cool looking LED fan & a bad rating on the 12V rail. not to mention warranty only by name.

so if OP able sell out 2.6k for a bad psu, why can't he add 200bucks more to get a far superior PSU? we all were trying make him understand this simple thing when he started "nothing is perfect" lecture. forcing me pass little bad comment against him. my apology to him.

My cabby is zebronics bijli.My plan is to go for Gigabyte APFC 80+ 460W.Will it be fit in the space in my cabby?

i'll still say, go for FSP Saga II 400W. and save a couple of hundred bucks & a keep your pc a bit more quite. cause Gigabyte's price have been rising for past few months & isn't available for anything below 2.5k. FSP can be owned for 2k or so. its simply like comparing Seasonic & Corsair. Corsair ---> rebranded SeaSonic. Gigabyte ---> rebranded FSP.

about fitting, i doubt. cause Bijli is nowhere near NZXT or Cooler Master. so the holes may not be at right place. it'll fit but the holes may give u a little headache.

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
FSP,Gigabyte etc are not available in my city.Only coolermaster and Zebronics are available at my dealer.I have heard that zebronics pro series are good so I ordered a zebronics pro 500W at 2.6k.Also no fitting prob with bijli :)

Next target is Biostar TA785G3 HD. Before that I have to sell off my biggest mistake -MSI GF615M P33

Also 1 doubt if I put my HD 5670 with Arctic cooling in that board, can I use both of the PCI's..?
I really need 2 PCI's.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
FSP,Gigabyte etc are not available in my city.Only coolermaster and Zebronics are available at my dealer.I have heard that zebronics pro series are good so I ordered a zebronics pro 500W at 2.6k.Also no fitting prob with bijli :)

Next target is Biostar TA785G3 HD. Before that I have to sell off my biggest mistake -MSI GF615M P33

Also 1 doubt if I put my HD 5670 with Arctic cooling in that board, can I use both of the PCI's..?
I really need 2 PCI's.

Can you not order your stuff online. TheItwarez, primeabgb are nice.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Then you limit your choice and scope. You picked up a Zebronics PSU, which in my world is equivalent to CR$$. Sorry to be so crude and rude, but that is the truth. Even if it is powering a low GPU, still the risk is there. In India with rampant high temperatures, and immense voltage spike, you are risking it. Rest is your choice. If not online, there are other methods to procure goods. Relatives/friends could have purchased and shipped for example.

If your PCI's are not covered what is stopping you from using them...?

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
Bought Zebronics Pro 500W @ 2.6k

In my current board I lost 1 PCI due to HD 5670.If I put the same in TA785G3 HD can I use both the PCI's..?

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
Dude.. I want to use my Creative SB 5.1 vx and my TV tuner card. So 2 PCI's needed.In my current board 1 PCI is covered by arctic cooler of HD 5670 so I am adjusting with onboard audio.My doubt is that If I put the same card in TA785GM3 HD can I use both of the PCI's..?

I am going to get Biostar TA785G3 HD.From the layout I think I can use both the PCI's with HD 5670 but I am not sure.Another option is MSI 785GM E53 no doubts about the space but price is high.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Both boards seem to have same spacing. First PCI will be really close, and will heat the PCI.E card. Also you might get static interference.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Dude.. I want to use my Creative SB 5.1 vx and my TV tuner card. So 2 PCI's needed.In my current board 1 PCI is covered by arctic cooler of HD 5670 so I am adjusting with onboard audio.My doubt is that If I put the same card in TA785GM3 HD can I use both of the PCI's..?

I am going to get Biostar TA785G3 HD.From the layout I think I can use both the PCI's with HD 5670 but I am not sure.Another option is MSI 785GM E53 no doubts about the space but price is high.

Bio* got the PCI X1 slot between the PCIe X 16 & PCI slots. problem is if u got Sapphire HD5670, the one with Arctic Cooler, its spread out quite a bit. so may not allow u use the 1st PCI slot.

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
I am using the 2nd PCI in my current board with HD 5670.
*www.descom.com/catalog/images/msi_GF615M-P33.jpg

So I think I can use both the PCI's in the Bio* TA785G3 HD
*anvoz.com/products/product_s656.jpg

I think I'll lose only my PCIe x 1

OP
ajai5777

ajai5777

Youngling
Thank you all for the help.I bought Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.1k
No probs of connectivity; as i predicted, I got both the PCI's after fitting HD 5670.
Now I wanna know about Crossfirex between IGP and HD 5670.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't think its possible. moreover even if u crossfire total gain will be around 1-2FPS. useless. better OC the graphics card to 900/1050 using MSI afterburner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom