upgrade for gaming rig and tv watching under budget of Rs. 60K

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:
i want to play all latest games and watch movies and net surfing

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 60K +10K only if its worth to spend to make it more future proof.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: 8.1 and win 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: N/A

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: i have dell 24 inch monitor with full HD resolution hence planning to use it

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: sound system (i have logitech z5500), monitor, psu ( i have corsair vx550) KB & Mouse

wana buy- mobo, processor,ram,gpu, sound card,tv tuner and wifi and if PSU is not powerful enough then will buy that also.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: As soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Delhi. yes i am open to buy from online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:i have shortlisted some parts myself from the digit killer rigs section, kindly provide your suggestion on the following

1. i am looking for front side ports for sound and USB
2. Advice for Bluetooth like i have nokia BH503 headset and its still giving me good performance so i want to connect bluetooth devices also with this rig. hence suggest good bluetooth stick or mobo with inbuilt bluetooth
i am planning to put this rig on my newly built room in the roof and mine airtel connection is installed at downstairs with wifi router model no.beetel 450tc2 which has limited range and no penetration in the wall. i need new device for wifi which will be connected via networking in the entire house with better signal and gaming which will be installed in the room in the roof which is centrally located hence it can cover my entire house so please suggest accordingly.
4. TV Tuner-
I am planning to install Airtel IP TV or Dish Tv whatever is available and suits my requirement and to watch it on my monitor with sound connected to logitech z 5500 hence kindly suggest model accordingly
5. sound card- i am having logitech z5500 5.1 and in future will be investing in headset from bose or
audio technica ath-m50x, so i need to one which is compatible with both whether i am playing sound via wire or Bluetooth

my shortlisted components are as

Processor - Core i7-4790k or i5-4690k
mobo- ASROCK z97 extreme6 or any other mobo available with bluetooth and front ports for audio and USB
Ram- Gskill sniper F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR1
HDD- i have Seagate 2 TB and 250 GB
Graphic card- atleast 3 gb gddr5 memory and will planning to get another one in future
Sound card- can provide front and back ports and can enhance the sound quality of my bluetooth head set also
cabinet- Antec X1-T Gaming

consider my self new in gaming sector and building rigs, my gaming was limited to counter strike and quack 3 when i was in graduation in 2009 and now i have spare time on week end i want to try new games and enjoy the powerful rig, please help me to finalize the components and advice for if i have missed out anything.

Last edited:

rajesh00

Journeyman
You can easily get GTX 970 based rig.As you not overclocking,so no need k series processor and z series mobo.

Browse through threads,there are many suggestions within that budget.

I have less knowledge about wifi routers but the one i'm using is TP-Link TD-W8968,which is very good with no issues,capable of running 2 floors without any signal lose...

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel i5 4570-₹15,000.
MSI H97 PC MATE-₹6500.
Kingston hyperX fury 8GBx2-₹8,500.
Corsair 400r-₹5,500.
Asus gtx 970 strix 4GB DDR5-₹27,000.
Total-₹62,500.
Reuse your old PSU,HDD,Monitor.
For Bluetooth and WiFi buy an adapter which will cost you around 2k. As for the TV tuner I have no idea.

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
Intel i5 4570-₹15,000.
MSI H97 PC MATE-₹6500.
Kingston hyperX fury 8GBx2-₹8,500.
Corsair 400r-₹5,500.
Asus gtx 970 strix 4GB DDR5-₹27,000.
Total-₹62,500.
Reuse your old PSU,HDD,Monitor.
For Bluetooth and WiFi buy an adapter which will cost you around 2k. As for the TV tuner I have no idea.

Slight modification, go for i5 4590 if you can. Might cost the same as above and slightly better as its devil canyon/haswell refresh.

For ram 4GB*2=8GB in dual channel would be better as 16GB would be overkill for your needs. Kingston hyperx fury 4GB*2 1800mhz should be around 4.5-5k.

Motherboard consider gigabyte h97 d3h at around Rs8.5-9k. Contains m2 slot and pci express for future compatiability. Also have the best realtek alc1150 sound chip. That one is equivalent to a discrete sound card and makes a lot of difference in movies and games.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
Slight modification, go for i5 4590 if you can. Might cost the same as above and slightly better as its devil canyon/haswell refresh.

For ram 4GB*2=8GB in dual channel would be better as 16GB would be overkill for your needs. Kingston hyperx fury 4GB*2 1800mhz should be around 4.5-5k.

Motherboard consider gigabyte h97 d3h at around Rs8.5-9k. Contains m2 slot and pci express for future compatiability. Also have the best realtek alc1150 sound chip. That one is equivalent to a discrete sound card and makes a lot of difference in movies and games.

Thanks for the suggestion, but now i am looking for i7 based rig only and learn over clocking along on them.

for TV tuner i am selecting iBall claro ctv27 tuner card- Hope any one here using it. I am concerned here is for quality provided.

MOBO-Asus’s Z97-Pro(Wi-Fi ac) is better than normal version??

Ram- Which one is better
Gskill sniper F3 or Kingston hyperX fury

suggestion are most welcome

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
An overlclockable i7+z97 WiFi mobo will increase ur budget by another 15k....
As for the RAM, gkill sniper is better than hyperX fury as it has a lower latency. Pricing is the major factor here

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
An overlclockable i7+z97 WiFi mobo will increase ur budget by another 15k....
As for the RAM, gkill sniper is better than hyperX fury as it has a lower latency. Pricing is the major factor here

Would like to add here that kingston have a much better and wider customer care compared to any other ram brand matched only by corsair. Gskill might have better timings but it won't really show up any real world performace as you would already have a discrete graphics card.
Also, hyperx fury 1800mhz is known to have the ability to get upto atleast 2100mhz incase you decide to overclock. Gskill might also overclock but kingston can it at cheaper rates with much better after sale service.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
visited local shop here and got these pricing

i7 4790k = 23800
Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4GB DDR5=27500
kingston fury 4X2 =4400
corsair 300R= 5500
ASUS Z97 Pro AC WIFI= 18600

All components are available with him except z97 pro AC wifi which will take him around 7 days, i have no problem in waiting for that as i am free on week ends only, Dealer has suggested me to choose from these or wait for Asus z97 to arrive

1. Asus Maximus VII Hero @19200
2. Maximus Formula @28000
3. Z97 Sabertooth mark II @15200

what do you suggest about the pricing?
shall i go for another mobo (i.e. hero or mark II ) or Asus z97 pro AC is best among these.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion, but now i am looking for i7 based rig only and learn over clocking along on them.

for TV tuner i am selecting iBall claro ctv27 tuner card- Hope any one here using it. I am concerned here is for quality provided.

MOBO-Asus’s Z97-Pro(Wi-Fi ac) is better than normal version??

Ram- Which one is better
Gskill sniper F3 or Kingston hyperX fury

suggestion are most welcome

SaiyanGoku, Later i decided to learn overclocking

- - - Updated - - -

visited local shop here and got these pricing

i7 4790k = 23800
Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4GB DDR5=27500
kingston fury 4X2 =4400
corsair 300R= 5500
ASUS Z97 Pro AC WIFI= 18600

All components are available with him except z97 pro AC wifi which will take him around 7 days, i have no problem in waiting for that as i am free on week ends only, Dealer has suggested me to choose from these or wait for Asus z97 to arrive

shall i go for another mobo (i.e. hero or mark II ) or Asus z97 pro AC is best among these.

PLZ suggest me

- - - Updated - - -

plz help in me selecting right mobo

- - - Updated - - -

plz help me selecting right mobo

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
Hi All,

Just got my following components
i7 4790k
Asus STRIX GTX 970 4GB OC
HyperX 4X2
Antec DF 85

Now i have selected motherboard of Z97 pro AC wifi but its still not available.

Below are Some available stock .

Z97-A
Z97-K
Maximus VII R
Maximus VII H

Kindly let me know the best MOBO in this. Budget is equivalalent to z97 pro wifi ~ 18k

Top Bottom