UPDATED: Media Playback

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
installed it yesterday ( 64 bit version ) but I feel like KMPlayer is still better for me - will tinker with POTPLAYERs settings more to make it suit better for me ;-)

OP
R

RahulB

Journeyman
Well topgear, KMPlayer's development stopped long time ago, the original developer sold it to Pandora, it has become buggy with time with no new features added... Potplayer is by the same developer, and it is actively developed.... If you think of it its interface is very similar to KMPlayer... I guess you will just have to get used to it...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Never faced any kind of bugs with KMplayer - it ran all of my DVD and other multimedia files without any single issue so far.
BTW, it's not so long time ago that KMplayers development has stopped - the last version ( KMPlayer 3.0.0.1442 r2 ) was released on only two months ago :
*www.free-codecs.com/download/kmplayer.htm

I liked portplayer but like WMP it's showing now playing media files list on the right pan - I liked the KMplayers single window interface more and some shortcut keys are not similar to KMplayer - that's why I aid I need to tinker more with portplayer's settings so that I can get a KMPlayer like feeling while using portplayer ;-)

OP
R

RahulB

Journeyman
The last version was just a bug fix, nothing new... Author YoungHuee Kang left KMPlayer long time ago.... Potplayer adds better sandboxing and filters.... The right playlist pane is dockable.. just take your cursor to the right side of the screen and a thin sidebar will appear with a arrow, click to undock the playlist pane... :)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Its creating a zZz sound at full volume in my laptop, while wmplayer doesn't; neither VLC. I noticed that this zZz sound comes when the volume is high enough to cross laptop speaker's hardware volume level, which I've tested in VLC by increasing the volume upto 200% which is nearly more vol than hardware level; and a little zZz sound comes out, but very low as compared to potplayer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom