[Update]Norton Antivirus 2006 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
"the new beta version of Norton Antivirus 2006 is codenamed Chaka ET1 Build 30a. this information is top secret and has not been released to anyone yet". :wink:

read more at
*www.tcmagazine.info/comments.php?shownews=10203&catid=5

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
then rather call it alfa version... what is the meaning of releaseing (calling) a beta version without without giving permission of testing it...

They should learn from KAV beta team....

Sourabh

Laptoping
Norton AntiVirus for Windows 2006 Beta

Norton AntiVirus from Symantec is one of the best anti-virus software titles in the world. Enjoy the security of automatic protection against viruses, malicious ActiveX controls and Java applets, and other dangerous code. It protects you while you're surfing the Internet or getting information from floppy disks, CDs, or a network. It also automatically scans incoming attachments in the most popular email programs. It is extremely easy to keep updated, with automatic retrieval of new anti-virus definitions from Symantec as often as once a week.

Please Note: 15 day Timeout Trial.

Download: Betanews

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya, check out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24752&highlight=norton 8)

Charley

Just Do It
Sourabh said:
Norton AntiVirus from Symantec is one of the best anti-virus software titles in the world.

i dont know how it so. I've had that for many months and due to its inefficiency , I'd had to go for AVG , Antivir, etc... It just doesnt detect the c r a p p y stuff in the comp whereas the other softies detected ..

saurav_cheeta said:
then rather call it alfa version... what is the meaning of releaseing (calling) a beta version without without giving permission of testing it...

that is also not so effective as I had the virus and trojans detected by it but it never removed and finally had to use NOD32 to disinfect it...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
achacko@dataone.in said:
i dont know how it so. I've had that for many months and due to its inefficiency , I'd had to go for AVG , Antivir, etc... It just doesnt detect the c r a p p y stuff in the comp whereas the other softies detected ..

@achacko@dataone.in if i'm not misstaking u had a post running on KAV Beta forum about this same problem...

so if none of the AVS is detecting any crappy stuff... then how do u know that ur system has those crappy stuff??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i dont remmember that any other beta product ask u for money to test.... who r the testers?? they or us?? :shock: :shock: :shock: humm....

i think as a tester i am potting my system in risk... so i should demand $$50 from them... :evil: :evil:

Charley

Just Do It
saurav_cheeta said:
@achacko@dataone.in if i'm not misstaking u had a post running on KAV Beta forum about this same problem...

so if none of the AVS is detecting any crappy stuff... then how do u know that ur system has those crappy stuff??

Yes ur right, but did u read them carefully. I mentioned that I'd detected it with KAV but it didnt remove them & finally had to use others. :)

Hope its clear now.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Norton AntiVirus for Windows 2006 Beta

Sourabh said:

Norton AntiVirus from Symantec is one of the best anti-virus software titles in the world. Enjoy the security of automatic protection against viruses, malicious ActiveX controls and Java applets, and other dangerous code. It protects you while you're surfing the Internet or getting information from floppy disks, CDs, or a network. It also automatically scans incoming attachments in the most popular email programs. It is extremely easy to keep updated, with automatic retrieval of new anti-virus definitions from Symantec as often as once a week.

Please Note: 15 day Timeout Trial.

fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Norton_AntiVirus_for_Windows/994513192/1]Betanews[/url]

Get urself a 4 ghz processor nd 2 gb ddr2 ram before u install nav 2006 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thing sucks man.Its nothing but a crapp

Charley

Just Do It
Keith Sebastian said:
STAY AWAY! NAV is nothing more than bloatware.

-Keith

sidewinder said:
Get urself a 4 ghz processor nd 2 gb ddr2 ram before u install nav 2006 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
This thing sucks man.Its nothing but a crapp

Critics here.... :lol: Include me in it, I dont favour using NAV from a long time.

medigit

In the zone
how is TREND MICROS PCCILLIN INTERNET SECURITY 2005.I feel it does fnot take too much of system resources.

Charley

Just Do It
medigit said:
how is TREND MICROS PCCILLIN INTERNET SECURITY 2005.I feel it does fnot take too much of system resources.

Please switch caps off, and now ur diverting from the topic.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
NORTON ANTIVIRUS IS TOO MEMORY HUNGRY. Even my P4 2.8 Ghz 512 ddr machine needs more speed for Norton ! :shock: So, its better to install AVG or AntiVir for Antivirus software than to purchase this crap. :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Norton 2005 runs smoothly on my 3.0 ghz - 512 mb ram

I also run a lot of background apps but then too I get it loaded very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom