Update needed ?????

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys comment at my current system config
Athlon II X4 640 3.0Ghz
Gigabyte M68MT-S2P
2x2 GB Kingston Value Pack 1333 Mhz CL9
Sapphire HD 5670 1GB DDR5 915/1015 (which was at once was stable at 940/1040 the clocks are falling rapidly and i have to lower the clock to stabilize the OC )
500 GB SeaGate 7200.12 HDD
LG DVD combo x22
Cooler master TX-3
VIP 400 w PSU
i currently have Rs.2500 with me and i want to upgrade my pc. what component in my pc except for the motherboard has to changed???? m going to change it with 78LMT-S2P or a Asus M478LT-M(after reading the bulldozers review i think sticking with a AM3 mobo and later on upgrade to X6 will be a better idea )
any suggestion shall be welcomed :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
For 2500, the only thing which makes sense for you at the time being is a new reliable PSU.

Just telling you, for Phenom II X6, it is highly highly recommended to get a decent AM3 or AM3+ motherboard with good 8 phase VRMs or with VRM cooling (heatsinked). Such motherboard will cost you 5k at the very least. (most probably more)

I won't reocmmend Asus M478LT-M + Phenom II X6 1055T/1090T. Asus themselves state that this motherboard is only fit for 95w TDP processors. Phenom II X6 have 125w TDP.

Stick to what you have. Apart from exceptions, most games as of now are GPU limited, not CPU. Athlon II X4 640 is good enough for the time being.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
according to u which motherboard should i go with i can extend my budget upto 4k or max 4.5k

is a BioStar TA870 or TA870+ ok then ?????

Cilus

laborare est orare
Tarun, I don't think you need an immediate upgrade right now. When you're ready to get the X6 processor, upgrade cpu n mobo simultaneously as the price will be reduced on that time. Get some M5A based asus or gigabyte 880G based USB3/USB3L motherboard on that time.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
No point upgrading with that budget. You will be better off spending that money on a gaming headset or mouse or keyboard

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Only Upgrade your PSU to FSP Saga 500W - 2 K. This will enable you to get some decent components in the Cabinet without worrying about PSU.

Top Bottom