Upcoming Directx 10 games pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Stalker said:
^^MS shud release dx 10 for XP..............but we may have to wait a little longer

Flight simulator X looks gorgeous...........gr8 pics

Both the pics of flight sim are not in game , microsoft released them as target pics , the game does not look like that . specially the mountain pic with water.
Besides large collection of screenshots released by microsoft the guy in the forum used these two images which do not show ingame action.

Last edited:

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
mAV3 said:
dx 10 only for vista .... so means .... buy vista, new mobo, new grafix card .... saala nanga ho jayega
sahi kaha sahi kaha mamu, i will have to sell my pants and undies.

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
My friend and I had tried the Flight Simulator X Demo on an X1900XT but the graphics didn't seem that impressive.This game AFAIK ain't a big title to look out for but Crysis is the one which boasts the most potential.Mainly because Crytek knows the main location for having such extensive showcase of graphics i.e. the Jungle like location.Man this is one game which I would sell my Kidney to see how it actually looks on DX10.;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Indian Law : You can't sell kidney, you can only donate :p

btw , me too is not very much impressed with flight sim , Nothing tempting in it to spend money on . i dont like boring simulators anyway.
How was the game running on the 1900xt?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well u have to understand that the quality shown in these pics is obviously using very high end hardware. it is not the directx that gives the power. derectx is just a software interface for streamlining 3d graphics development. it will be as fast as the underlying system will be.

directx10 does for game developers, figuratively, what vista does to XP for general users....
better methods to do the same(and more) stuff for the game develpers.

so it is basically more hardware power that is going to give the beauty...

directx10 would just make it easier and more efficient in writing code to do the same stuff. may be kinda like what .Net did to programming

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
tarey_g said:
Indian Law : You can't sell kidney, you can only donate :p
Oh well I was about to change my mind anyways.:D

The game ran fine with all settings cramed to the max.The thing with these flight sims is that they don't have a standard keyboard settings and use up almost all the keys on the freaking keyboard.Hence we didn't have much option but to just stroll right and left and keep pressing multiple keys.:rolleyes:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Do you know that Alan Wake will only run on dual cores with Vista. For full performance it will need atleast a Quad core like one running close to 4GHz speeds for a Core 2.

It won't even run on single cores with the exception of some P4 HTs which are virtually 2 CPUs.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
akshayt said:
Do you know that Alan Wake will only run on dual cores with Vista. For full performance it will need atleast a Quad core like one running close to 4GHz speeds for a Core 2.

It won't even run on single cores with the exception of some P4 HTs which are virtually 2 CPUs.

No dude , u r totally wrong . The game is optimized for the dual core CPU's but these are not the minimum specs. The minimum specs are not announced yet .So whatever u read is just a rumor.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Watch the demo of Alan Wake at IDF for some really breathtaking moments and to marvel at the game engine that the guys at Remedy have managed to churn out. They surprised everyone with Max Payne and are now about to the same all over again with Alan Wake.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Alan Wake will hardly run on PCs of few digit members, not many have a dual core with a geforce 7600GT or higher over here. That is what will be required for low to med settings.

Anyway to play any of the next gen games decently, the minimum system that should be practically with you will be like this:
A64 + 1GB RAM + Geforce 7600/7800 class

For playing at high/max details you will need something like
4GHz/AMD 64 3800/Dual Core + 2GB RAM + Radeon X1800XT/X1900XT or higher

For playing games maxed out with eyecandy:
Dual Core preferably Core 2 Duo + 2-4GB RAM + Geforce 8800/8600 + Radeon R600

Offcourse there will be exceptions both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom