Unusual Search

buddyram

New Voyage
;-) Each time I enter a word or phrase to find in the start menu bar, i see those words are searched on in C(Windows) drive, More often i will find for the files in the e drive(my personal drive), but unfortunately the search is confined to only C drive.

I am using Windows 7 OS.

May i get any solution for this!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
That is some unusual problem!
Is indexing enabled in the E: drive? To check right click E: drive and select properties. Then look for a check mark in front of, "Allow indexing...".

Also, if you search a lot, it would makes sense, to use a freeware utility called, "Everything", that once scanned, can search for any term in the file-names, near instantaneously.
You can download Everything tool from Everything Search Engine

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
>>vineet369
I downloaded the the app. from the site, its pretty good. I can locate almost any file in the the hard drive, but still windows has that feature by default.

Why use another application?

Time being, i'll use it. Lets see can i debug it in future! :lol:

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
you need just 2 tools for windows:
launchy <- search and run programs quickly
everything <- literally search everything. it shows all the relevant results within 2 seconds, even on my 1 tb disk, which has 4 partitions

sygeek

Technomancer
Use "Find & Run Robot" and add it to quick launch. Great alternative to Windows search in start menu.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I started using Everything and its good although I don't search a lot but whenever I do it used to take long time because of that damn 2TB+320GB HDDs. but now its cool. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Looks like, Everything have made Everybody happy by letting them search Anything! :))

Pun intended.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Will have to try Find and Run Robot (FARR), once I reach home today evening. Sounds good.

Top Bottom