Unreal engine 4

Sujeet

Undead!!!
And guess what, rumor is that there could be Mirror's Edge 2 reveal :D

But one thing i am pondering is that on which engine will it run.???

Will they follow Danger Close's approach;
Medal Of Honour 2010 SP ran on UE3.
Medal Of Honour Warfighter is being developed using Frostbite 2.

Similarly Mirrors Edge was based on UE3 and developed by DICE(creator of Frostbite as we know)

So will DICE move on to Frostbite 2 for Mirrors Edge 2???

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yup its confirmed that mirror's edge 2 will be using frostbite 2.

Calling a Game Engine which is Commercial to be middleware will not be accurate.

And in that regards Cryengine is also Middle-ware only.

AFAIK there is now news of IW or DICE developing a new engine.

Yup the bold part is correct. A game engine is not a middleware as its the application itself. Middleware is something extra add-on to the application or simply said is an extra set of features not present in the original code or application.

Nvidia physx is a middleware as it gives the game engine some extra features. Its also referred as a "software glue". :)

OP
puneet sharma

puneet sharma

Hidden Identity
So to be more future proof one should go for gtx 670,680 or 690 and possibly ivy bridge processor for pc.but my doubt is whether these GPU will be able to handle super high resolutions in retina display coming next year

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^ Yup its confirmed that mirror's edge 2 will be using frostbite 2.

Yup the bold part is correct. A game engine is not a middleware as its the application itself. Middleware is something extra add-on to the application or simply said is an extra set of features not present in the original code or application.

Nvidia physx is a middleware as it gives the game engine some extra features. Its also referred as a "software glue". :)

ADDON is the keyword for Middleware.
Thanx for confirming and explaining nicely to others :)

cyborg47

Technomancer
But one thing i am pondering is that on which engine will it run.???

Similarly Mirrors Edge was based on UE3 and developed by DICE(creator of Frostbite as we know)

So will DICE move on to Frostbite 2 for Mirrors Edge 2???

Yeah it was UE for Mirrors edge 1, but they ditched the lighting system of UE and remade it from scratch, reason why the lighting looks phenomenal ME compared to the other UE games.
For the sequel, its FrostBite2. EA is making sure every studio of their's uses FB2 for their games. NFS run, the new MoH, Mirror's edge 2, CnC generals 2 ;) definitely gives them an advantage with the next gen.

jaysatish

I think, therefore I am.
I think it's very interesting (and ironic) that the 'Unreal' Engine currently delivers the very 'real'istic graphics.

Top Bottom