Unreadable HDD...Plzzz help meee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnout

Broken In
Hi all tech freaks oudder.....
Guys I am having a problem with one of my Hard disks. I have one 80GB PATA Seagate which is 5yrs old nd running great. But my other hard disk which is 250GB SATA Seagate, and around wonly 8months old is havinf a problem.
The problem is that it cannot be viewed in 'My Computer' while it is visible in Disk management & Device manager. In disk mgmt my 250 hdd is shown as,
Disk 0
Dynamic
Unreadable
While my 80 gb is shown in Healthy form.
Ihave heard dat Dynamic HDD's can only be seen in a network and not in any OS's!!!!
Also no partiotions are shown on my 250gb. If i rigt click it shows option to convert it into basic hdd, whichwill format it loosing my valuable 200GBs of data which i don't want to do.

Please help meee to find out a way.... iwould be really gratefull to u people.
Thanks..................

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
have u tried SEATOOLS from Seagate, its free and is available on Seagate's site.
and partition sftware wont be of much help in your case.
but still you can try one of them.
try Paragon partition manager if you like

OP
B

burnout

Broken In
i tried seatools.... It showed me failure, but wen i disabled that hdd frm disk management it completed the task. But the problem is not solved yet.

OP
B

burnout

Broken In
I tried seatools.... It showed me failure, but wen i disabled that hdd frm disk management it completed the task. But the problem is not solved yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom