Unknown Gmail Login. What is this ?

Charley

Just Do It
I was checking my email today and it showed me the attached screenshot. I'm in Bangalore and use Dataone Broadband.

How can I track this IP to see who the intruder is ?

This is the email I got from Google
Charley,

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxxxxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Friday, November 16, 2012 7:13:02 AM GMT
IP Address: 59.99.98.88
If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at Change your Google Account password - Accounts Help

If this was you, and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help

Sincerely,
The Google Accounts Team

Attachments

• Error.JPG
    Error.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
the IP looks like from BSNL probably a dynamic IP so you may not be able to trace it.. better change your Password, and secret questions as recommended by Google. also check if you are using any unknown plugins/extensions.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Have you configured any app on your mobile for email? Like Ovi mail(on Nokia).

Better change your password in gmail. For better security enable two step verification from google.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You didn't set your password as your birthdate or your pet's name, did you ?

Top Bottom