Unknown Entry in startup -

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My system shows a blank entry in startup in the system configuration utility.The location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

*img159.imageshack.us/img159/9863/startupfp5.th.jpg

here is the registry.
*img159.imageshack.us/img159/7332/regde4.th.jpg

what is this? any idea guys!!!

T

thunderbird.117

Delete it. Must be a spyware. It can be anything like virus,trojans or malware. Best thing to do delete it.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Delete it from the Startup list also delete it from the disk. Also use anti-spyware
SpyBot, that takes care of all spywares, registry changes, browser hijacking things.
You must also use a good firewall. Use ZoneAlarm, also block suspicious software
(mostly spywares, adwares, Trojans) using ZA from connecting to the Net.

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Evrery startup entry that you don't understand should be deleted but you could only disable it through windows. To delete this entry permanently use this software by clicking here. Also install any anti spyware software to not to get this kinda crap in future.

Enjoy

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Seems a corrupted entry in the registry, nothing else!
Try any registry cleaner to clean those corrupted entries.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
thanks for the reply guys .
I scanned the system using adaware se and Spybot - Search & Destroy , adaware se showed two entries. one was a tracking cookie and the other was a manual entry which i had made. and Spybot returned none.so there was no spywares in my system. and regarding registry cleaners.... well every time i use one i always had a crashed system , so im a little reluctent to use those.I guess there will be no more trouble.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can do one thing more, this Idea suddenly came in my mind. :D

Open regedit and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig

Under this key, u'll see 4 more keys:

services
startupfolder
startupreg
state

Check in all of those 4 keys, that is there any value without name in right-side pane? (Most probabily it should be under startupreg).

If u find it, then simply delete that value!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Nope its not there. only three entries . one for gfx driver hotkey command , igfxtray , and one for nokia pc suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom