UNIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Its an execution file.You can also copy using -c along with gcc.

I installed Xandros linux2.0. I installed jse1.4.1.How do I compile java programs.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Go to the Bin folder of the java directory and in the shell prompt, type,
javac fn.java (to compile)
Now, type
java fn.java (to run....)

Thnx Ujjwal and Vignesh...

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
ok I will try and tell you.I removed xandros it doesn`t work well.So I have installed PCQ2005 .inux and installed java.so I will try and tell you.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
basically no UNIX os exists today, only its variants exist...
*plug.org.in/pipermail/plug-mail/2004-July/012597.html

akshar

Broken In
Relevance of UNIX as such.

What are the advantages of UNIX over an orinary linux OS when it comes to desktop or server computers. Ya! supercomputers may make a difference but for 99% of the users linux and UNIX should mean same.

FreeBSD is not a great thing to use. IT's difficult to install and it does not provide you all the powerful features of a true UNIX as well.
I am talking about the FreeBSD that came on DIGIT DVD.

ujjwal

Padawan
Many other "purer" unix operating systems still exist today, and are very much in use. The three BSD's and Solaris are some examples. As for UNIX with the capitol letters, that refers to the SCO owned operating system. I don't have much idea about it.

Linux is generally much better for home/workstation use, however, the others have their strengths for many other purposes. FreeBSD and OpenBSD are very secure OS's, with emphasis on maintaining the entire OS, including the kernel, shell, libraries and utilities, together as one unit. Linux on the other hand is just a kernel, the core of the operating system, and it leaves the choice of utilities to the user. The GNU software is what is used by near about every distribution, that is why they are refered to as GNU/Linux distributions.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I will rather provide you a URL ;)

A forum for unix .. they have mostly all angle discussed there.. *www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=13306

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom