Uninstalling windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, i didn't have to follow a guide to uninstall it. I had XP in dual mode with win 8. And i had to remove win 8.
What I did was to format the drive on which win 8 was installed and then use the following commands in recovery console of windows XP to get back the bootloader of XP:

fixmbr
fixboot
bootcfg /rebuild

It worked and my XP was back and win 8 gone. :D

used the above three commands when I tried and removed Vista for the first time ;-)

Whistler81

The One and Only
Ok if you are curious about Windows 8 I have been using the Consumer Preview right form the day it was out(+ downloading time). I am using the 64bit version. In a word it is Good. As can be expected form a pre-release version there are a lot of internal issues which do not affect the over all feel of it. You will experience it when installing softwares. Nothing major though can be solved by changing the compatibility settings.

here is the list of the shiny things in windows 8 :

1. The Booting process is much faster than Windows 7.

2. Next comes the Lock Screen. Its beautiful. (Check out Lock screen images on Google.)

3. The arrow keys slides the Lock Screen upwards and you get the Login boxes. You can have a Microsoft mail account (Live, Hotmail etc) which syncs online or a local account like before. I obviously choose the online account. In case you lose internet connectivity you will fall back to the local account without any hassle.

4. Directly after this comes the Start Screen with all them tiles and whatever some of them 'live' like Mail, People, Messages Whether etc. which sync in the background. These are my favourite things in Windows 8.

The Apps :
Mail : common mail client for all providers.
People :this cute thing rounds us all your contacts / friends from social networks / mail contacts etc. and give you links to see their updates upon clicking them. You can also chat with them no matter where ever they are signed into in Messages.
Weather : don't worry about it not available in India yet. same for Xbox Live Games, Music , Video which I think are just libraries to organise your Collection.
For Music and Video you can select a file and Open it with these Apps which are useless only pause play buttons. WMP does it better.
Also Internet Explorer 10 : looks sexy with options for basic browsing the web. Right Click only has three options.
Also there is no X button on the right top corner to close an app. Pressing the windows key brings up the Start Screen where you get to select something else you want to work on. Apps move in to the background and if you want to close them, you have to hover to the left edge of the screen which slides out the a panel where all the open apps are shown. You can switch to one here or right click and close.
The Start Screen can be reached by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard. It contains tiles for the desktop and My Computer (which will bring out the desktop). No windows Orb on the desktop. My computer has been redesigned on the top bar. Includes buttons to Computer management, Control Panel etc.

Most important feature is the Charms panel which comes up when you reach your pointer to the right top or bottom. Search Share Start Devices Settings are the options there. Search is nice you can search for files and Apps there. Share : I keep getting nothing can be shared form your desktop right now.
Most important one is settings : That's where the power options are hidden.

More or less this is a fine version of windows. Don't buy It if you are not really interested in upgrading I'd say. It will take some good amount of time getting used to this Windows. Don't lose patience.

I wasn't getting any sleep so I typed all this. If you liked it give me some reputation. Else tell me I'll make a sexy PDF in Adobe InDesign CS5.5 with nice pictures and stuff and send it to you so that you can view it in the inbuilt PDF reader in Windows 8. Yes ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you liked it give me some reputation. Else tell me I'll make a sexy PDF in Adobe InDesign CS5.5 with nice pictures and stuff and send it to you so that you can view it in the inbuilt PDF reader in Windows 8. Yes ?

Or, people can just watch this youtube video I made to experience windows 8! :D
Windows 8 Walkthrough (From Startup to Shutdown) - YouTube

Btw, first rule of getting a rep is that you don't ask for it. ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that should not be a problem for most of the modern pcs where every pc has at-least 4GB of ram ;-)

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Or, people can just watch this youtube video I made to experience windows 8! :D
Windows 8 Walkthrough (From Startup to Shutdown) - YouTube

Btw, first rule of getting a rep is that you don't ask for it. ;)

Nice video vyom i saw liked video but i didnt liked win 8 too different from 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom