uninstall problem with KIS2011

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Hello guys,

I am facing a problem....
While I was uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, electricity went off....
so as a result system is giving following problems....

1) since the KIS was not uninstalled completely some of the files r missing and hence i cant uninstall it now... i tried deleting some registry entries but in vain...
I also cannot install KIS2012 since it thinks that KIS2011 is still there and when it tries it unistall it, it cant find the necessary file..
I haven't deleted the files from the c drive to avoid further causing any problems ...

2)my windows gadget has also went kaput... they dont load now... probably happened because KIS2011 was trying to uninstall its gadget but electricity abruptly stopped it from doing so....

3)Windows Media Player also stopped functioning, i dont know how this relates with KIS2011 but it happened immediately after the above event....

Problem no. 2 and 3 are not so important,if they can be solved it will be just a bonus since i can live with them... but i dont want to have a pc without security... so kindly guide :)

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
scavenger007 said:
1) since the KIS was not uninstalled completely some of the files r missing and hence i cant uninstall it now... i tried deleting some registry entries but in vain...
I also cannot install KIS2012 since it thinks that KIS2011 is still there and when it tries it unistall it, it cant find the necessary file..
I haven't deleted the files from the c drive to avoid further causing any problems ...
Try to uninstall using this-
Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily
2)my windows gadget has also went kaput... they dont load now... probably happened because KIS2011 was trying to uninstall its gadget but electricity abruptly stopped it from doing so....
Try reinstalling the gadgets to see if it helps
Do a cleanup using CCleaner.
Link-
CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
scavenger007 said:
3)Windows Media Player also stopped functioning, i dont know how this relates with KIS2011 but it happened immediately after the above event....
When the PC closed down, was it running?

scavenger007 said:
While I was uninstalling Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, electricity went off....
Dont you have a UPS for backup :mad: ?

A general solution is to do a system restore to yesterday when everything was working fine :p :wink:

You can also try for other internet security suite if anything does not help, unless you want to install your OS again. Get Norton Intenet Security 2011 and it is much better than Kaspersky, or any other antivirus products currently in the world.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Did a bit of Googling and found a great help page, will solve the problem 100% -
Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
thanks with all the replies, i will try all the above mentioned methods 1 by 1....

I had UPS but it is useless now... and since electricity hardly cuts off in mumbai so i didnt bother to get one :p

and regarding WMP, i dont remember whether it was running or not... because i have a habit of minimizing media players, and since in win7 it does not hog any space on the taskbar , i do not bother to check it :p.... though i m using mediamonkey for mp3 in its place.... so its not a big deal....

regarding re-installation of win7 gadgets... how do i do that... i had tried sfc /scannow immediately after the above event, in a hope that maybe the corrupt files will get replaced but didnt work....

and i dont want to do system restore because i installed lots of applications after the 'system restore checkpoint'... and i certainly dont want to format because i cant imagine re-installing all these gigabytes of softwares all over again :D

Did a bit of Googling and found a great help page, will solve the problem 100% -
Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products

this worked like a charm :D
thank you very much....

btw is it possible to import windows firewall rules to kaspersky firewall?

OP
scavanger007

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Also, I solved the Windows Gadget problem in following way... posting just in case someone faces similar problem in future :)

Run Command Prompt as Administator and then type these 3 commands one by one.
regsvr32 msxml3.dll
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll

Restart the pc.

Top Bottom