Understanding camera settings...

sujoyp

Grand Master
for this definitely [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] can help as he owns SX130 I think.. but there must be some screen modes like portraits and landscapes...or you can check if it have some setting for color profile like natural, vibrent, standard etc...give it an hour you will find out :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
@sujoyp @nac as per ur recommendations I bought SX150 3 years ago. after 1 year I stopped using it because of slow performance , and slow flash charging etc. Now I don't get time to use this camera.

So my siblings are using it for bday, marriage pics. I just need help here. Just tell me the best settings for taking selfie and low light photography. Can I get desired result like iPhone selfie ?

I never get vibrant color image. Always get kinda dull output in auto or easy settings. I am using YU YUPHORIA mobile which gives better image.
Yeah, tell me about it's slow performance. :)
Every camera has different algorithm to process. So you can't expect same kind of output from your mobile and compact.
Personally, I don't like that wide angle selfie as it give distorted look. Sometimes funny, sometimes cute but in general I don't prefer. With SX150 you will less likely to have a wider lens as your mobile, still it's too wide for portrait.
I almost always stay in A, S, M modes. If you want more vibrant, select vivid option. I doubt if you can pick in auto modes, only in manual or semi manual modes you can set things. But for portraits don't use vibrant option. For portraits, you can choose light skin or neutral or off or you can choose custom colour. Try and see which one you like. Check manual and see how to change settings and all.
For low light, you can push ISO or you can use flash. Fiddle with settings and see which combination you like.
If possible share some photographs from your phone (the kind you like) and some from your compact (both good and bad). Don't strip the exif when posting.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
OP went into hibernation and don't want to go out of topic. So hijacked the post here...
2. 17-50 2.8 although is nice for low light but problem is at f2.8 you cant take group pics and less will be in focus...soo you end up shooting at f5.6 :smile:
That's a nice point. It interested me and I started digging.
With D7000, 17mm f2/.8
Theoretically, from 10' distance you can cover a 9' tall and 13.6' wide subject(s). I guess this is good enough for group photo. This gives a DOF of 5.8m which is good enough for group photo (in paper), but your experience says otherwise. So I guess this theoretical dof, hyperfocal distance and all for landscape only? How about you do a test shoot? Those who have wide (~24-28mm (35mm equiv)) fast lens (faster than f/2.8) can also try and show us the difference.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I will show an example soon...but I can definitely tell you as when ever I shot even 3 people at f2.8 I never got all of them in good focus..there is also crop factor involved....in case of landscape you wont notice much as you will be viewing everything as a combined scene...and wont concentrate on a leaf or a specific flower

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I will show an example soon...but I can definitely tell you as when ever I shot even 3 people at f2.8 I never got all of them in good focus..there is also crop factor involved....in case of landscape you wont notice much as you will be viewing everything as a combined scene...and wont concentrate on a leaf or a specific flower
Yeah, for 3 people you wouldn't be too far and it's even closer if you're just taking waist level shot. So might not get optimum sharpness across all your subjects wide open.
I am looking forward to that test shoot...

Betty Wada

Right off the assembly line
Self promotion posts are not allowed.
I have Altura Photo AP-UNV1 DSLR Camera Flash. I bought it the first time. I have no idea about it that how can get perfect picture quality or change settings for lights, focus and how to set zoom in or zoom out. Can anyone suggest me and give information about how to setup the configuration for getting beautiful Clicks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Never heard of the brand before. You could have googled and learned lot quicker than waiting for someone to reply.

Here you go...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It happens when battery is drained fully while you're shooting or viewing photos. Charge the battery and try, it should work.

Did you drop the camera?
Does your camera shows any error message?

Top Bottom