Unallocated Space!!

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
I recently restored my laptop and kinda botched up the process.. Now i have a 570 GB C drive.. Whenever i shrink the C drive, the unallocated space created gives an error on trying to make it into a new system volume..
i need to convert the unallocated space into new volume coz i just cant work with one drive..

Error on trying to create a new system volume from unallocated space-
'Dynamic discs are not supported by this OS or server config. Dynamic discs are not supported on clusters'

Is there any software that would help me through this..
(Note- I also have to retrieve the data that was lost during the restoration)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
welcome to the common problem of basic disk converting to dynamic disk when shrinking drives using windows 7 disk management.download & install easeus partition master home free edition to convert dynamic disk back to basic disk.also in future do not use windows 7 disk management to change partition size.
Download EaseUS Partition Master Free 9.3 - FileHippo.com

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
welcome to the common problem of basic disk converting to dynamic disk when shrinking drives using windows 7 disk management.download & install easeus partition master home free edition to convert dynamic disk back to basic disk.also in future do not use windows 7 disk management to change partition size.

thanks a lot..
and to retrieve the data, should go with Recuva or is there any better option??

OP
ShankJ

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

I tried Easeus partition but on pressing the create button after selecting the unallocated space of 350 GB which is of the type Logical, it shows a warning- "Please convert an existing primary partition to logical partition and truly again!!

- - - Updated - - -

I tried Easeus partition but on pressing the create button after selecting the unallocated space of 350 GB which is of the type Logical, it shows a warning- "Please convert an existing primary partition to logical partition and truly again!!

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Dear friends I also had some what same problem of UNMOUNTED SPACE or Disk ?

The issue is that I had a 500GB HDD WD make & it has 4 partition ,The window-7 has some issue after using a year, I decided to install window-7 again, Now start installation and when it goes to Format section, I usually do QUICK FORMAT but this time I do Full Format of C drive, after Format it give a massage of Unmounted Disk with space of 480 GB of space ? I was shock ?

Please friends help if you can , Is it possible to save data to recover from this kind of crash ?

Secondly how to save HDD and re install its partitions etc ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Why did you format with XP media when you had to install 7 ?

Please friends help if you can , Is it possible to save data to recover from this kind of crash ?

Secondly how to save HDD and re install its partitions etc ?

For recovery use recuva. But save recovered data on another hard disk to increase recovery chances.

And what do you mean by save HDD ? Reinstalling partitions can be easily done while installing any OS.

Genius-jatt

Broken In
Why did you format with XP media when you had to install 7 ?

For recovery use recuva. But save recovered data on another hard disk to increase recovery chances.

And what do you mean by save HDD ? Reinstalling partitions can be easily done while installing any OS.

Thanks and pl give me the link of recobering soft: recuva

Top Bottom