Unable to write DVD or CD through DVD writers in Windows

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I am unable to read or write DVD/CD (accessing data,burning an OS,etc.) through my DVD writers in Windows 7.

What is the problem????

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Which OS are you not able to read/write the optical media in(you forgot to mention it :p). If another Windows OS, just make sure that the optical drive isn't disabled via device manager.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Probably a dead drive then if you've already tried. Trying a different SATA cable may help but there's a good chance the drive is dead(especially if it's old now)

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Thanks all of you @TDF,Friends.
But both of my DVD-writers are running fine.All cables (sata-2type) and power ones are completely attached tight.
It was a Windows 7 error,that made the drives inaccessible. Issues ironed out.
Now every drive is running normal.

Thanks all of you @TDF,Friends.
But both of my DVD-writers are running fine.All cables (sata-2type) and power ones are completely attached tight.
It was a Windows 7 error,that made the drives inaccessible. Issues ironed out.
Now every drive is running normal.

How exactly did you fix it? Post it here, it may be of use to someone else with similar problem.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^believe me,just ran sfc /scannow,and the problem got resolved. Software problem only,no hardware issues as such.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

I do believe you mate, I just asked you post the solution, that's it. Glad your problem is solved.
It was related to updates issues of Windows,perhaps.Because Windows failed to update message was shown post update process.
In case of non-functioning of DVD-writers, no BSOD nor any pop up error messages were shown.
Strange and odd.:chinscratch:

Top Bottom