unable to start taskmanager

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsethi

Journeyman
I am unable to start taskmanager by right clicking taskbar, ctrl-alt-del buttons(it says taskmanager is disabled by administrator)
and double clicking taskmgr.exe file in system32 folder. i am using windows xp pro sp2.
problem is caused by virus/spyware.
any solution?
I have tried gpedit.msc, services and regedit but couldnot find any clue.

the_moon

Journeyman
I too had once faced this problem. AT that time i also couldn't see the DOS screen(it used to disappear in 1 second whenever I started it!!) I only fixed the problem wen I formatted my PC the next time.

sakumar79

Technomancer
try to boot in safe mode and try opening Task Manager. If you can, it is almost certainly the problem of a virus or spyware. In safe mode, run msconfig and remove unnecessary items from startup list. Install Antispyware software such as Lavasoft Adaware and Antivirus software such as AVG or Avast. Download latest updates and scan the system...

If you are using Broadband, download a firewall software such as ZoneAlarm or Kerio and install it to reduce chances of this occuring again.

Arun

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sakumar79 said:
Install Antispyware software such as Lavasoft Adaware and Antivirus software such as AVG or Avast. Download latest updates and scan the system...

If you are using Broadband, download a firewall software such as ZoneAlarm or Kerio and install it to reduce chances of this occuring again.

man.... how do u say that?? there r ways to enable or disable the processs...

@drsethi
anyway...well b4 trieg those... just try the bellow steps...

1st make sure that u r the only one user in ur PC... if there is many user then might this technic not work...

Enable / Disable Task Manager in Windows XP Home / Pro

Enable/Disable Task Manager

Error Message: "Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

Netjunkie

In the zone
I faced this problem before. Its caused by a virus.
You cannot neither access the command prompt nor the taskmanager, so you cannot kill the process in the background.
Update your Anti Virus & do a full system scan on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom