Unable to Seed

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Hey

I am using Tixati torrent client. ISP is Bangalore ACT.

Last week i downloaded stuff of 4GB with normal speed, but seeding was so slow that it took 4days!!

2 days back I downloaded again but now its not even seeding.
The seeding is almost nil. Seeing this for past 3-4 days. ratio will never reach 1/1. I can't download anything if I can't seed.

I checked upload speed just to be sure about the uploading speed. Upload and Download both are 2mbps. Then why I am unable to seed??

I have checked all the settings like Upload bandwidth, seed limit and etc. Upload speed is 500kbps.

I have heard that if we dont seed then my downloads will throttled to lower speeds. Please help me out here.]

Also, if switching to another app is solutoin then how do i seed the downloaded stuff from the new app(Let's say transmission).

A

amit.tiger12

Ok..
Change app to anything...
Deluge and qBittorrent are good and simple.

Use create torrent and add tracker from "that site - private tracker", these are specific trackers which tracks your transmission.
So torrent with those trackers share everywhere possible on public and private tracker to get more downloaders. Users "downloading while seeding" will result in leechers and users "completed downloading torrents and uploading" will result in seeders.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
ok so I created new torrent in Deluge and then add trackers(copied from tixati) and then it read whole torrent till 99.90% and started uploading at full speed. I was so happy. Then I decided to cap the share ratio to 1 from the default value of 2. And it stopped uploading immediately. Now I restarted the app, changed share ratio too but still not uploading. What is the problem here???? there is no button to set all the settings to default in Deluge.

A

amit.tiger12

ok so I created new torrent in Deluge and then add trackers(copied from tixati) and then it read whole torrent till 99.90% and started uploading at full speed. I was so happy. Then I decided to cap the share ratio to 1 from the default value of 2. And it stopped uploading immediately. Now I restarted the app, changed share ratio too but still not uploading. What is the problem here???? there is no button to set all the settings to default in Deluge.
Okay.
If you only changed share ratio then nobody is downloading torrent or not connected to anyone. Try reannounce trackers. If everything works doubt change default setting now onwards. If you change then restart app.
If nothing happening uninstall and try qBittorrent and now don't change setting.

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If you only changed share ratio then nobody is downloading torrent or not connected to anyone.

how does it affect the seeding?? Can you explain this a bit?? I dont understand.

I changed ratio to save on data , as one night I slept with my laptop on and by morning, the ratio was 2.5!! I uploaded around 6GB!!
But yes, now i wont change the settings. This is really bad. Whats is the point of having such feature if I can't use them.

Also, I am noob in these tings so, if someone can tell about this :
Adding trackers can possibly help you find more ‘peers’ or ‘seeders’ that are using that tracker. These are people who are currently uploading or downloading the torrent. This could help you if you find people who are uploading it as you might be able to download the torrent faster, but adding hundreds of trackers doesn’t really help in the long run.

The only time I would add extra trackers was if I had a rare torrent. Something that no one seems to be seeding or downloading, so its hard to find someone else who has it. Adding tons of trackers means that no matter what tracker they connect to, you’ll hopefully be able to find them and either download from them or upload to them.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
check the trackers in the torrent and see if there are any active leechers.
if there are no leechers and only seeders, then you will not upload anything because no one is there to download.

see the logic?

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^okk. I didn't know this until now.

I checked trackers, out of 5,for
2 tracker "host not found".
1 tacker is blank
1 tacker is connection is timed out
1 tracker status is "OK seed=12 peer=1 TTL<time running in backwards>"

the upload speed is 100 Bytes/s in avg i guess.

Also, what is announce and reannounce??

- - - Updated - - -

check the trackers in the torrent and see if there are any active leechers.
if there are no leechers and only seeders, then you will not upload anything because no one is there to download.

see the logic?
so suppose there is no one to download and my share ratio stays below 1/1. then won't I be blacklisted by them and get slow download speeds??

A

amit.tiger12

^which site you use for downloading??

How To Create Torrents & Upload Them To ET - ExtraTorrent.cc The World's Largest BitTorrent Syste

Let's say hon3yhd (limited sign ups open now)
Hon3yHD :: Signu

Leave that.. DeshiHD.com

Is private tracker site, now when you create torrent, you need to use their tracker (http: //deshihd.com /announce.php)
After creating torrent you can upload this torrent file to their site. When someone download torrent from that site he connected to that tracker and starts downloading and you starts uploading. (Trackers should be active for transmission, means working tracker needed)
This will help you increase your ratio on site.
If you use other teachers (mainly open trackers) then you upload to many users but you might not get advantage of seeding where you uploaded that torrent (private tracker/private site/DeshiHD.com etc) Got it??

^use VPN.
And for like those in-depth questions and answers,
Please join Katcr.co
There are many users will help you understanding everything related to torrent privacy security.

^^^check
Opentrackers.org

OP
TheSloth

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Thanks a lot for explaining.
for movies, I use yts(dot)ag. and for series/shows I just go to torrentzeu(dot)to , from there, whatever result has more seeders.
I understood the private tracker concept, means it has to be for some particular site "only", right?

At this moment i can't afford a VPN service and going for free VPNs for downloading isn't safe either. I will get VPN service after sometime.

And this uploading movies or shows to sites like DesiHD(dot)com, won't I get into trouble like police and all??

A

amit.tiger12

Thanks a lot for explaining.
for movies, I use yts(dot)ag. and for series/shows I just go to torrentzeu(dot)to , from there, whatever result has more seeders.
I understood the private tracker concept, means it has to be for some particular site "only", right?

At this moment i can't afford a VPN service and going for free VPNs for downloading isn't safe either. I will get VPN service after sometime.

And this uploading movies or shows to sites like DesiHD(dot)com, won't I get into trouble like police and all??
Maybe or maybe not.. not sure.. keep everything safe..
Basically private trackers are paid services donation etc.. if you search on google and didn't find your torrent from deshihd.com, then you're safe.. not always but basic security..

Torrents displayed on Google search results are usually targeted by officials because of big targets audience.
Private trackers are basically for small target audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vickytintu

Right off the assembly line
According to the torrent web site, one of the torrents has 117 uploaders and 72 downloaders. In terms of uTorrent, under the Trackers tab, it has 116 seeds and 73 peers.

Top Bottom