Unable to remove Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritish

Journeyman
A virus named W32.FAKERACY has infected my hard drives...I have scanned my HD with Norton AV with latest Definittions but it only detects the virus but unable to remove.Can any body tell how to remove it manually??Help in this regard is highly appreciated...Thanx in advance.

slugger

Banned
assumin u usin XP
in order 2 remove this worm u must first disable system restor in d OS den run ur fully updated [i hope] anti-virus 2 remove it

Disabling or enabling Windows XP System Restore

anandk

Distinguished Member
norton is unable to scan in safe mode. google/live/yahoo do not throw any results for W32.FAKERACY !!!

maybe u shud uninstall norton, using its norton uninstaller and install kasperky/nod32/avast. scan in safe mode/boot time with them shud giv u much better results !

shashank4u

Youngling
if you can arrange for nod32 antivirus system trial ..update it with latest definition signatures ..and scan again ...it will do the job..

overclocker

Journeyman
Do scan.. and remove virus frm ur system with NOD32 if it will not able to remove go to safe mode and try to delete it manually. Try to delete this file by changing the extension or open cmd,, remove it by typing rd/del command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom