Unable to play a 13 GB Video file copied on my external HDD connected to my TV

A

amit.tiger12

But the problem shouldn't happen with pen drives right?
1tb hard drive (old hdd, you mentioned 1st) can play that video?? Now??
If you then check filesystem, then try with other filesystem.
Can you format drive from TV?? Then try formatting it and then copy paste video file from computer and try to play in TV.
FAT16/32 and NTFS works with samsung models.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
1tb hard drive (old hdd, you mentioned 1st) can play that video?? Now??
If you then check filesystem, then try with other filesystem.
Can you format drive from TV?? Then try formatting it and then copy paste video file from computer and try to play in TV.
FAT16/32 and NTFS works with samsung models.

The 1 TB HDD is dead. No longer working.
I'm able to play some videos from the 2 TB HDD which are back up of some of the videos taken from my phone.
It also plays movies which I copied a month ago size of the movie is less than 2 GB.
Yesterday I copied a sample avi file not mkv which is 700 MB which also doesn't play.
It could be some change in TV or the HDD in the past 2 weeks which is not allowing files copied recently to be playable now.

A

amit.tiger12

The 1 TB HDD is dead. No longer working.
I'm able to play some videos from the 2 TB HDD which are back up of some of the videos taken from my phone.
It also plays movies which I copied a month ago size of the movie is less than 2 GB.
Yesterday I copied a sample avi file not mkv which is 700 MB which also doesn't play.
It could be some change in TV or the HDD in the past 2 weeks which is not allowing files copied recently to be playable now.
Pen drive, 2tb hdd is working..

Pen drive works on both TV and Computer, check again with TV copy different format video files mkv, avi, mp4. If it works then everything is ok.

Then try HDD, format it 1st, then copy different format video files.
And check.

As you mentioned your HDD worked earlier with all supporting formats playable.
Now it's not recognized (unable to play).. Then it's software issue. Smart TV always connected to internet, is yours?

Can you reset all setting on smart tv, factory reset? Try it and update firmware and software.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My external hard drive is a Toshiba 750 GB already loaded with movies,It says there are no videos there. i have tried on both of my dvd.They are plug and play connected to tv and usb from drive.all data from the drive, format it in FAT32 and copy back all the files.After then your problem will be resolved.

Depending upon the codecs supported by the TV, it may or may not show all videos.
So, don't waste time formatting the hard disk as FAT32. :lol:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
and also Fat32 supports only [STRIKE]2GB[/STRIKE]4gb size per file in storage. so > [STRIKE]2GB[/STRIKE]4GB files size will not be copied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom