Unable to ping..please help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I m using Trend's Micro PC-Cillin Internet security.I am unable to ping..or traceroute through cmd..even sites like google or thinkdigit is not working for me..
But when I m switching off the firewall in PC-Cillin..or using the XP firewall..its working fine..

Please help..I have asked it many times in this forum but no fruitfull answer have been given ..

PLEASE don't answer like switch of the PC-Cillin firewall and use the inbuilt XP firewall because all knows the capablity of the inbuilt firewall..

lalam

In the zone
Yep i too use the same anti virus.....Default setting, Protection level Medium and Connection type Direct.......Well that works for me with no problem at all so i hope it helps...

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
lalam said:
Yep i too use the same anti virus.....Default setting, Protection level Medium and Connection type Direct.......Well that works for me with no problem at all so i hope it helps...

Well what does default means..which settings..can u plz explain..

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
try unblocking ICMP service.

Hackers can ping ur ip and make sure that the comp is still operating(or a PC with that ip exists) so that they can surely try out some hacking into ur comp. So ICMP service is generally disabled by firewalls.

Last edited:

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
check out the "tcp/ip ping command"program in firewall program list.......and enable it.....to access internet zone......m talkin in terms of zonealarm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom