Unable to Open TataIndicom My Account Link from Vista Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

unni

In the zone
Certain Sites/Links Not Opening in Vista

I am not able to open the following link in *tataindicombroadband.in/ site from Vista.

*myaccount.tataindicombroadband.in/MyAccount/signin.do
I tried with Firefox, Opera, IE & Chrome. In Vista, it will just try to load and wait for close to 3-4 minutes. In Ubuntu, it works perfectly. It works from WindowsXP inside VirtualBox as well.

When I contacted customer care, they said it is an issue specific to my system. Not sure what could be the problem.

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
works fine for me on Vista... tried with FF3 [don't know about IE though]

as they said, its about your system :p

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
In that case, I doubt Comodo Firewall. I will uninstall it and see. I am not able to open www.airtel.in either.

Comodo was blocking the fingerprint reader in my friends laptop. In another friends laptop, it was blocking the program responsible for turning on/off the light indicating sound mute/unmute.

OP
unni

unni

In the zone
After red_devil's reply, I uninstalled Comodo Firewall. I completely disabled Windows firewall as well. Even then, I am not able to browse the following links:

*myaccount.tataindicombroadband.in/MyAccount/signin.do (in *tataindicombroadband.in. All other links in this site work properly)

www.airtel.in (the site itself won't load)

*www.isac.gov.in/CentralBE/advt.jsp (Other links in the site seem to be working)

These are the ones I noticed. There may be others as well, but I might have ignored them thinking the site is down.

Browser keeps on waiting for the 1st and 2nd links to load. For the ISRO site, Firefox shows the following error:
Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
These 3 work fine from Windows XP inside VirtualBox as well as from Ubuntu. Even in VirtualBox, the 3 links will work only if the network interface is chosen as the network card (host interface) and not with NAT. Not working with NAT obviously means it has something to do with Vista, right?

Last edited:
OP
unni

unni

In the zone
Yesterday, I received this email from TataIndicom.
Dear Customer,

We at Tata Indicom are constantly looking for ways in which we can enhance your experience. In order to ensure an outstanding experience, from time to time we need to upgrade and do maintenance on our systems and servers.

We have scheduled a maintenance and upgrade activity on Saturday, March 21 from 00.00 hrs to 08.00 hrs.

During this period you will not be able to access the My Account section on www.tataindicombroadband.in and www.tataindicomtotalinternet.in. Due to this, you will not be able to register, make online payments, change password or avail of our Value Added Services. However, you will be able to access the internet.

You will be able to access all our services post 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 21.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you,

Best Regards
Customer Service
After reading this today, I tried to open the links I mentioned in the previous post again. They are all working fine (TI link, AirTel link & the ISRO link). So, it means this issue had something to do from their side as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom