Unable to open .jar file in Nokia

koolbuddy92

Broken In
I recently upgraded my Nokia 6303 Classic's firmware from 8.XX (don't remember the exact version) to 10.12 using Nokia Software Updater.
Since then, I'm not able to open to open a game (PES 2011) which used to work before the upgrade. The error says "Invalid Application". Other games which are equally heavy (like Counter-Strike), are working fine.
Is there any way I can run it again?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I recently upgraded my Nokia 6303 Classic's firmware from 8.XX (don't remember the exact version) to 10.12 using Nokia Software Updater.
Since then, I'm not able to open to open a game (PES 2011) which used to work before the upgrade. The error says "Invalid Application". Other games which are equally heavy (like Counter-Strike), are working fine.

try the .jar in an Java Emulator for mobile or friends mobile. if it doesn't run or say invalid, its corrupted for sure.

OP
koolbuddy92

koolbuddy92

Broken In
try the .jar in an Java Emulator for mobile or friends mobile. if it doesn't run or say invalid, its corrupted for sure.
Thanks for replying, but i didn't get why would someone require a Java emulator on mobile if it already supports java games. But anyway, I'll send the game to another mobile and try to run it..
Actually 2 of my friends already have the game (the same file taken from me earlier), since we play it in a boring lecture.. :oops: and its runing fine on their mobiles.
Also I tried to re-install using Nokia PC Suite, but it didn't work.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for replying, but i didn't get why would someone require a Java emulator on mobile if it already supports java games.

no. i mean if you really want to try that game, you may check if the jar file is ok by running it in an emulator. if it fails, chances are its corrupted.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
its not corrupted as he mentions it works fine in his friends phone.

Try to redownload and reinstall the files.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

R u running the same .jar file installed in ur Nokia before upgrade?

h4x0rl33t94

Right off the assembly line
try deleting the game and then reinstall it (from your friends phone) if that doesn't work than you may have to format the phone. Chances are that there was some error during updating of your phone and some file may have been corrupted.

OP
koolbuddy92

koolbuddy92

Broken In
Thank you everybody for helping :smile:
Re-downloaded the game from a website and now its working properly. :hyper:
The file must have gone corrupted after the upgrade somehow.
(Rejoice boring lectures :mrgreen: )

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Thank you everybody for helping :smile:
Re-downloaded the game from a website and now its working properly. :hyper:
The file must have gone corrupted after the upgrade somehow.
(Rejoice boring lectures :mrgreen: )

Dude...what i told u u were opening the old .jar file residing in ur phone & not the one in ur PC...coz the PC .jar file was nto corrupted...:mrgreen:

Top Bottom