Unable to install any Linux Distro OS besides Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hi all,Very recently I've purchased a GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 motherboard(socket AM3+/Socket AM3),as my old BIOSTAR TA785GE 128M (socket AM2+) motherboard went kaput.
This Gigabyte mobo supports UEFI as well as LEGACY BIOS.
I have installed my Windows 7 PRO.(64-bit) completely successfully,but now I am unable to install any other LINUX distro. on separate HDD and complete separate ext4 partition.
All my HDD's are formatted,repartitioned using LIVE GParted disc.

The HDD's are partitioned by having MBR and recognised as MSDOS partition table disks, successfully.
It is not showing any GPT partition table,as I have checked by running a live GParted disc.

What is the concept of GPT partition table?
I am seeking solutions to this problem.

I want to install openSUSE-12.3(64-bit) and Fedora 19(64-bit) besides Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL(64-bit)[Already installed].

Help required.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

tried disabling uefi?

Yes,and enabled only LEGACY from within the BIOS.

Still UNSUCCESSFUL in installing...

What error are you getting exactly ??
No error messages,NO BSOD,the initial boot up screen of openSUSE or tried with Zorin OS ver 6,are all opening,but after hitting the install menu,the screen for installation is reappearing and GETTING STUCK.As if a System Freeze has occured.

NO SUCH PROBLEMS WHEN BOOTING ONTO WINDOWS...

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Hey anand what kind of crap is this???
When I plugged in the mouse usb connector to the blue usb (USB3) connector of the motherboard,the mouse pointer came alive & I could move from pages to pages (next) of the Installer pages of openSUSE,with successful allocation of system files and others.
But when the turn came for keying my username + password,then the keyboard shows no response. MOUSE POINTER IS MOVING CAN CLICK MENU BUTTONS NO PROBLEM...

Inside windows,when i booted up,no problem no issues with mouse and keyboard...

No error messages,NO BSOD,the initial boot up screen of openSUSE or tried with Zorin OS ver 6,are all opening,but after hitting the install menu,the screen for installation is reappearing and GETTING STUCK.As if a System Freeze has occured.
Actually the mouse pointer was not moving even when the Installer page opened up...

Friend what peculiar problem is this???

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
boot into windows 7 & use portable zip version(not the installer version) of crystaldiskinfo to post screenshot of all hdd you have in your system.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Here is the screenshot whitestar :--->

hdd-status.jpg

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
I can't exactly tell you about the problem but I do have faced some Mouse issues with USB 3.0 ports on my PC too. Some times it used to work sometimes it doesn't but mostly with USB 2.0 it always works but in your case the its reversed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
can't see the screenshot.i think there is some problem with forum image hosting as i have seen this happened yesterday too on another thread so use some image hosting site like imgur.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Yep, some kind of problem seems to be present. Me also unable to view the screenshot.

Well I submit through Imgur here :--->

*i.imgur.com/Gg9u86X.png

Don't know why the image is diminished in size.

How do I magnify it within the Forum page?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
copy paste the forum code link here.click on image in your account-->gallery to see various codes or simply post the direct image link here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
your 250gb hdd seems fine.is this the same hdd in which you are trying to install linux?if yes then hdd is not the issue & maybe it has something to do with your usb port.your mobo has a PS/2 connector at back so if you(or any of your friends) have some old PS/2 keyboard lying around use that to see if problem still exists.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^No whitestar,this 250GB HDD holds the whole of Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL OS.I want to install linux in one of the ext4 partitions on the WD 1TB Caviar Blue Disk.
Another 320GB of ntfs partition holds the SYSTEM IMAGE Back-UP of Windows within a different partition of WD 1TB HDD.
This 250GB HDD should have the GRUB entry in its MBR...but that is a later phenomenon.
The problem which I am facing is that the installer pages of linux are opening,but either keyboard is not functioning or the mouse.
THE MOTHERBOARD BEING A BRAND NEW GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 (socket AM3+/AM3) board.
Within Windows everything(Hardware specs.) is functioning and running as NORMAL as ever without any issues.

HOLY CRAP!
The problem lies with the Keyboard(perhaps-driver issues).
It is a crapset from AMKETTE(ASH BLACK SERIES),but interestingly the mouse seems to run fine when plugged into USB3 port.
Whereas,keyboard is only recognised in USB2 ports.

As the HDD's are O.K. according to partition tables it is MSDOS type with MBR successfully recognising linux installation,the installer page where I come to a halt is the Username,password etc. page.

ELSE EVERYTHING IS O.K.

Buying an USB-to-PS/2 connector.
Then let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom