Unable to download with Torrent Client using desktop

ajayritik

Technomancer
I seem to have problem with my torrent client software. I'm unable to download files from couple of private torrent sites. However I'm able to download from other torrent sites.

When I tried the same on my laptop I'm able to download from the specific sites which I'm unable to download using my desktop. In fact I'm able to download almost from all torrent sites without any problem using my laptop. However I don't intend to use laptop for downloads.

When I'm using the same internet connection how is that I'm unable to download from the same site using my desktop.

I have changed to other client software like u torrent, Bit torrent etc.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
When I check the same file on two different computers at almost the same time, only one of them starts downloading. So definitely its not the leecher or seeder thing here.
Also if it was a firewall then I wouldn't be able to download anything whereas I'm able to download from few torrent sites.

I don't want to format the PC or reinstall OS just for this.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I don't understand one point.
How is it that I'm able to download from one specific torrent site and not able to download from another?
Surely its got nothing to do with my PC.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
What you meant not able to DL from the site. You only download the .torrent from the trackers site. Is this not happening for you. OR once you mount the .torrent to your client nothing comes in via the P2P..?

Post a screenshot of your setting, from preference, "bit torrent" option.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Should I maybe try another Torrent client?

What you meant not able to DL from the site. You only download the .torrent from the trackers site. Is this not happening for you. OR once you mount the .torrent to your client nothing comes in via the P2P..?

Post a screenshot of your setting, from preference, "bit torrent" option.

The Answer for your question is
once I mount the .torrent to my client nothing comes in via the P2P

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yesterday I checked the Preferences in that there are again various settings available. which one should I paste or should I paste settings for all of them here?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
There would be one under preferences as "Bittorrent". Where you check DHT enabled or not. A lot of check boxes.

It is the 6th option here.
*i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i450/anilasingh1977/Directories2.jpg

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I repeat again for other folks who may have not checked the main post.

I seem to be able to download torrents from some sites whereas unable to from other private torrent sites.

*i54.tinypic.com/2ic8uid.jpg
*i51.tinypic.com/2iudj01.jpg
*i51.tinypic.com/2na0hz8.jpg
*i51.tinypic.com/2yjsolh.jpg
*i54.tinypic.com/nbayw7.jpg
*i53.tinypic.com/66i26t.jpg
*i53.tinypic.com/9kqp0l.jpg

Guys here are the screenshots for all the settings available.
Please let me know if I'm missing anything here.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I seem to have problem with my torrent client software. I'm unable to download files from couple of private torrent sites.

AFAIK private torrents arent available to public...need some registration etc....& they use private trackers so registered memebers can only download :))

& DHT is disabled for private torrents

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
*i54.tinypic.com/nbayw7.jpg
For the screen shot which is listed with "BITTORRENT". Disable all except "ask tracker for scrap information". These cause private trackers to get messed. Close the client and restart it then.

Are you registered on Private Trackers..?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
asingh, one of the options which you are asking me to disable says Enable Peer Exchange.
I think this option needs to be selected.

I have been using private torrents for long time now and have registration for it. As I told earlier I have a laptop using which I can download from the same site which I can't using my dekstop.

I guess will have to compare the torrent client settings on both desktop and laptop
and make the necessary changes

Top Bottom