Unable to download openSuSE 10.2 DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
I am facing a strange problem today. I want to download openSuSE 10.2 DVD but whenever I try to download the same from this ****download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/iso/dvd/openSUSE-10.2-GM-DVD-i386.iso*** it tells me wrong username or password. Can anyone tell what is the real problem and how can I download the same???? I am downloading it using Free Download Manager (from my office).

Please help.....

OP
subratabera

subratabera

Its not about downloading from a different mirror. Its about that particular problem I am more interested in...Because they didn't provide any clue about password or username in their website...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Maybe one of the mirrors is experiencing some issues etc, try 'anonymous' as username and also try it as password. Usually works.

OP
subratabera

subratabera

I have tried every possible combination of username and password (anonymous, guest, suse, opensuse etc.). I will try it again tomorrow...

EDIT: According to this review it is not upto the mark. So the question is will it worth the effort??? Is there any openSuSE user here? Please share your experience...

Last edited:

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
subratabera said:
Is there any openSuSE user here? Please share your experience...

Yeah. I'm on OpenSuSE 10.2. I save these kind of troubles from downloading from http sources. Like Qwerty mentioned, there might be issues with the servers. I downloaded the CD versions though :) Nice distro. Quite happy with it :D

OP
subratabera

subratabera

How about a writing small review phreak0utt...This will benefit many of us...BTW thanks for sharing your experience...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I've used the 10.1-Remastered a couple of months back. I didn't like it really much because YaST was the slowest of all the critical tools I've ever come across. But its interface was a joy to experience, sadly my configuration of a 3.0 Prescott and a 512 MB RAM doesn't suit this.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Qwerty you should have isntalled yum/smart. They're lot better. But, according to me they don't match up the power of apt.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I did install smart, but that's a package manager you're talking about. YaST is much more than smart is, it has control-panel like looks and features and if that's slow, how more bad can it get?

drsethi

Journeyman
I never encountered such problem. Try *ftp.opensuse.org/pub/opensuse/distribution/10.2/iso/dvd/
It can be downloaded through DAP/Kget as well as by browser Mozilla Firefox
Suse 10.2 is available with Linuxf*** of this month.

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Best is use torrents. They are slower for some but definitely better to reduce loads on server.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
subratabera said:
How about a writing small review phreak0utt...This will benefit many of us...BTW thanks for sharing your experience...

Actually Parag Karla has done this and posted it here. You can check it out at *www.discoverlinux.blogspot.com for more details. He has posted some great screenshots. Since I'm a newbie I will write a small one in the review section. Keep an eye out there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom