unable to connect though lan cable

dipsy

Right off the assembly line
After disabling the wireless connection, i connected through a lan cable to a wireless modem. Although the "open network and sharing centre" is showing a successful connection to the net, it ist working.

What seems to be the problem here?:|

Neuron

Electronic.
After disabling the wireless connection, i connected through a lan cable to a wireless modem. Although the "open network and sharing centre" is showing a successful connection to the net, it ist working.

Sometimes you have to disable and re-enable the LAN network adapter from 'Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections' after restarting the router or re-connecting the LAN cable. Seems like a windows bug.

OP
D

dipsy

Right off the assembly line
modem model is :Binatone DT 845W

Althought i dont think its the modem's fault because i tried connecting through lan cable on another laptop and it was working perfectly on it.

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
Although the "open network and sharing centre" is showing a successful connection to the net, it ist working.

As u mentioned above, that the computer is connected to the internet as shown in the network settings, doing the following MAY solve your problem.

Go to settings of your browser, go to LAN then PROXY, and then select AUTO DETECT Proxy and save settings., this can make the net to work and enable you to browse sites.

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
Check in Start>Run>cmd>ipconfig.
What is the status?
Are you able to ping websites or IP address in command prompt?
Verify if it is a card issue or a browser proxy setting issue.

Top Bottom