Unable to burn error free Ubuntu HH disc:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
Well i have the Ubuntu iso "ubuntu-8.04.1-desktop-i386" and i know its not damaged coz md5 checksum is fine and i can even install it using wubi.

But i cant burn an error free cd. I have got 3 coasters as a result. Even burning to a cd-rw doesnt help. Tried burning it at 10x which seems to be the lowest Nero allows for my burner i guess but still in vain. Every cd seems to have 3 file errors when checking using Ubuntu at boot. My dvd writer is ok i guess coz everything else burns fine.

any suggestions guys. Am currently using Ubuntu installed inside a windows partition using wubi:(

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Forget about Wubi, I had a lot of trouble with it, and see this partitioning tutorial

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96132

OP
anispace

anispace

dattebayo
arre.. i know that, i have already made a dedicated partition for Ubuntu. But the thing is that i cant burn the iso to a cd properly. There always seem to be 3 file errors when booting thru the cd. Even burning at low speeds doesnt help. Thats why i am using wubi temporarily.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Ubuntu's nautilus cd burner is defective. Try to burn iso with other applications like brasero

OP
anispace

anispace

dattebayo
he.he actually its from vista not xp:)

The iso isnt corrupt coz i am running ubuntu thru wubi (installed it by mounting iso in alcohol)

its just that for some reason cant burn it on a cd. Nero(and even brasero) says the cd burned successfully but on booting, ubuntu integrity check says that there are 3 errors.

guess i will download it again and try:(

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If the md5sum of the iso is right downloading it again is pointless. Copy it to a pendrive and burn it elsewhere

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Burn the iso at 4x (or 2x speed).If md5sum is correct, it's probably due to high burn speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom