unable to add Canon printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Hi,i've been trying to add canon printer since morning but unable .Can u tell me how to add printer.My distro is FC6 nd Printer is Canon PIXMA iP 1800.Thanx in Advance:confused:

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
disgusting no reply.well i solved problem.kya kar rahe ho bhai sabhi se kah raha hu nahi reply ke mud me ho to band karo mujhe bcoz u dont want to help to me ,m i right.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

OP
LEARNER_LEARNER

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
no why will i be pay u but one think is very important is that i was waiting 4 ur reply but u did not give reply nd i thought u r ignoring . i am serious person for everything nd i like digit forum nd u r behaving like this so i 'll think .well what do u think of about me i dont know but my comment is right.ok

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Mebbe no one uses a Cannon printer and Fedora combo. Do you want people to reply and post something even if they dunno about it? Wouldn't that be more problems for you?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
How about explaining how you added the printer so that someone else ebenfits from this thread when they look for it.

Rahim

Married!
"Learner Learner" does not follow his name and you must have some courtesy of asking and waiting for answers and not DEMANDING an answer.
And then using words like "disgusting" :(

@exx: Whats below your displayname? Isnt it that code which deletes the system totally?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If I put in my signature Del *.dll , format c:, fdisk /mbr or a link which signed you up for tonnes of spam would someone do it? Or would you jump into the well cause I had a picture of an avatar of a person jumping into one and screaming "Wheeeeeeee !".

If they did, trust me when I say they had it coming.....

PS. Oh by the way like mehulved said. The above command won't work. But it should now since I've edited it. However if the mods feel it is inappropriate then Ill remove it by all means.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Still it doesn't work for me.
And if anyone is going to try it by without understanding they deserve to loose their data.

praka123

left this forum longback
I think this isnt the right place to show the geekiness,u pro linux users may have!
that siggy is definitely a no-no `coz of n00b linux user,who may want to try it!WTH!do we want to show windows movers that Linux is difficult?Lets take it!show that Linux is idiot proof too!but that needs community to leave this kinda thinks which a n00b will try!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
WTH!do we want to show windows movers that Linux is difficult?Lets take it!show that Linux is idiot proof too!but that needs community to leave this kinda thinks which a n00b will try!

Im definitely no Linux expert but why would anyone want to run a command which is in my Signature or under my Avatar. But since some prefer I move it I shall remove it nonetheless.

Rahim

Married!
@exx: I said that bcoz there were some troils who posted those codes in ubuntuforums.org and believe me new linux users would blindly follow the advice in those forums.
@mehul: WTH are you talking about. Forums are to help people especially the newones and not to destroy their system. What geekiness is that?
The command is dangerous bcoz it is run in the Terminal and WILL NOT WARN the user what its gonna do!!!!
You will find it hard to find regular users using Command Line in Windows while it is second nature in Linux.
I am sure you will agree it takes some time to understand Linux and its command-line.
Both of you: How will you feel when you suffer from fever and go to a Doctor and he gives you Backache Balm?
You missed my point.Both of you, Put yourself in that position and use the code and let us see who is laughing? I am a little disappointed with your replies and for many of us losing data is losing everything and i am not talking of music and movies.

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Dear God now what do we have here.

@exx: I said that bcoz there were some troils who posted those codes in ubuntuforums.org and believe me new linux users would blindly follow the advice in those forums.

Are you telling me that some newbies would run sudo rm -rf on their system ? And hence I told you already if you run a command like fdisk /mbr , format c: or whatever without knowing what it does. Congratulations you earned yourself the result.
You will find it hard to find regular users using Command Line in Windows while it is second nature in Linux.
And thus the person should be twice as cautious when issuing a command in the CLI.
Both of you: How will you feel when you suffer from fever and go to a Doctor and he gives you Backache Balm?You missed my point.Both of you, Put yourself in that position and use the code and let us see who is laughing? I am a little disappointed with your replies and for many of us losing data is losing everything and i am not talking of music and movies.
Your analogy is utter nonsense. If I go to a doctor for help I expect help. I don't look on his table and then go out and buy every single medicine thats on table which he got as compliments. If you value your data then don't be foolish enough to run commands you see on the internet. Let me give you a better scenario. If I wrote I'm Santa Claus up there would you mail me for presents?
^^Remove it mate You get pleasure when a noob does that? ARe u a M$ Windows fanboy?
I didn't notice the final part of this statement till I went over the thread. But yeah I am a MS Windows Fanboy. You got a problem with that? I will run whatever, whenever , wherever I please.

Nonetheless I said I will take my tag thingie down so stop getting your pants in a twist.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
My God!!! Stop the argument guys.. that command won't work when Windows is loaded, anyways! Why fight for something that is non-existent??!!! :)

BTW, I'm yet to see how the Canon printer problem was solved!!!!

Rahim

Married!
This is no fight brother. I didnt like him displaying that code and he didnt like my humble request. Thats it.
Bottomline is, again he missed my point by a mile. He took it personally(why? I dont know) and what he replied seems BS to me. End of Story.
"Tumhe raai ka pahaad banana achchi tarike se aata hai"
I dont want to hijack this thread , so plz give suggestion to the printer problem.

praka123

left this forum longback
OnTopic: I have read that Canon printer support is weak.although google suggests that openprinting db says ur printer is supported though partial support may be.

*www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Canon-PIXMA_iP_1800

chalo,try running "system-config-printer" as root in run dialogue :(gksu system-config-printer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom