Unable deleting

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

*It relates Windows XP Professional. I copied video files from a copy-righted DVD into my pen drive. When I delete the folder on my pen drive or copy any files on the pen drive, and i cannot do anything but it says " it is copy-righted" always. Is there any free software to remove it completely?

* I want to give a password to my drives installing any software or by any method recommended by you. Are there any best free softwares for the purpose?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ are you sure you getting the error message is - " it is copy-righted" not - " "Write Protected" - are you using the PD with an admin account ? did you try the PD on other pc ? try formatting the PD.

and for protecting HDD partitions the best tool is TrueCrypt.

gameranand

Living to Play
1. Format the Pendrive and problem solved
2. Use True Crypt for Encrypting HDDs but mind you that if you somehow forgot the password then you might lose the fate also if you enable data encryption.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

*It relates Windows XP Professional. I copied video files from a copy-righted DVD into my pen drive. When I delete the folder on my pen drive or copy any files on the pen drive, and i cannot do anything but it says " it is copy-righted" always. Is there any free software to remove it completely?

* I want to give a password to my drives installing any software or by any method recommended by you. Are there any best free softwares for the purpose?

You could try unlocker.

Flash

Lost in speed
Post a screenshot of the error, It'l help for us to suggest more-appropriate solution.
Try formatting the PD via CMD as "Administrator".

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^ are you sure you getting the error message is - " it is copy-righted" not - " "Write Protected" - are you using the PD with an admin account ? did you try the PD on other pc ? try formatting the PD.

@kumarn_2004: did u try the steps?

Post a screenshot of the error, It'l help for us to suggest more-appropriate solution.
Try formatting the PD via CMD as "Administrator".

yes this one is essential for your problem

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes TrueCrypt is a free software. You can read the manual of that software, it has all the information you need. :)

Top Bottom