Cyborg Agent
Processor K vs non-K simply indicates in processor can be overclocked or not

i5/i7 - 4xxx series are 4th generation Haswell processors with LGA1150 socket

Chipsets compatible with this socket are
Intel H87 Chipset
Intel Z87 Chipset
Intel B85 Chipset
Intel Q87 Chipset, Intel Q85 Chipset, Intel H81 Chipset

Out of these Z87 allows overclocking K series processors. So makes no sense to buy Z87 if you are buying non-K processor.
Other popular chipsets are B85 which is quite basic and H87 (more ports compared to B85 and possibly slightly better components)

So according to your needs and budget H87 suits you best

If you still have doubts see *ark.intel.com/products/75122/ under compatible products :)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
for 290x, get the custom cooled ones. dont go for stock coolers for now. 780 ti will be costly in india and for price/performance ratio 290x has a positive edge.

edit:
also for mobo, i would suggest to go for asus h87 pro. you are likely to have problems with msi rma.

ankush28

Bazinga
Go for asus H87 pro MSI one has a lot of negative reviews, also asus is way better when it comes to aftersales services

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
for 290x, get the custom cooled ones. dont go for stock coolers for now. 780 ti will be costly in india and for price/performance ratio 290x has a positive edge.

edit:
also for mobo, i would suggest to go for asus h87 pro. you are likely to have problems with msi rma.
ok, but any idea where can I get 290X at cheaper rate (I checked hardwire.in and it says 50K!)

Go for asus H87 pro MSI one has a lot of negative reviews, also asus is way better when it comes to aftersales services
The main reason I don't want to go with h87 pro is that it doesn't offer me good sound quality and also it doesn't offer wifi and bluetooth. I was thinking to got with i7-4700K with Z87-pro or Maximus VI hero

BTW tell me which one is better i7-4700K or i7-4700 or i7-4771? (Suggest the one which has more performance and best for multi-tasking)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
ON SALE! - SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 - Rs.45,999 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

BTW tell me which one is better i7-4700K or i7-4700 or i7-4771? (Suggest the one which has more performance and best for multi-tasking)

they all perform same.

still going with i7 k and maximus :facepalm:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ok, but any idea where can I get 290X at cheaper rate (I checked hardwire.in and it says 50K!)

check local shops if possible. i think custom cooled ones are not released here afaik.
The main reason I don't want to go with h87 pro is that it doesn't offer me good sound quality and also it doesn't offer wifi and bluetooth. I was thinking to got with i7-4700K with Z87-pro or Maximus VI hero

z87 is a waste of money if you dont overclock. you can add wifi and bluetooth add in cards and there is no need to look for a mobo with built in wifi and bluetooth.
you may decide yourself whether to overclock or not. also you can add sound card separately for good sound quality

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
ON SALE! - SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 - Rs.45,999 - WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::

they all perform same.

still going with i7 k and maximus :facepalm:

Okay so I'd go with i7-4771 and now suggest me mobo which must have the best sound quality with and should have at least 4 USB2.0 ports and few USB 3.0 ports are also welcomed. Thanks a ton!

that msi board has a good audio chip built in. but only the problem he may face is regarding the rma.

What is RMA?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
H87-G43-Gaming has
4 x USB 3.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel)
10 x USB 2.0 ports (6 ports on the back panel)

Asus H87 Pro has
6 x USB 3.0 ports (4 at back panel)
8 x USB 2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel)

So you are getting a total of 8 USB ports on rear. Asus is a better combo because USB 3 is backward compatible and supports usb 2 devices fully.

No. of Front panel ports depend on your cabinet so dont worry about it. Most have 2-4

I suggest MSI because of its looks. Asus H87 Pro is excellent and Asus has a good service support.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Okay so I'd go with i7-4771 and now suggest me mobo which must have the best sound quality with and should have at least 4 USB2.0 ports and few USB 3.0 ports are also welcomed. Thanks a ton!

What is RMA?

Return merchandise authorization. when your mobo/any product get faulty,you have to send it to the service center for repairing/replacing.that procedure is called rma. you are likely to face problems with msi rma procedure
get asus h87 pro and a good sound card. asus xonar series are very good for the price,

OP
ispyder

ispyder

God of Geek's Heaven
I suggest MSI because of its looks.

Looks? what kinda looks are you talking about?

get asus h87 pro and a good sound card. asus xonar series are very good for the price,

Just wanted to know that will I ever require RMA?

BTW I'll now go with H87 Pro and can you recommend me some good sound card which should have either Optical S/PDIF out or should have those RCA output ...(GOOGLE "RCA" to know what exactly I am talking about)

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
MSI H87-G43 gaming *www.msi.com/pic/product/five_pictures2_2909_20130710151306_g.png

vs

Asus H87 pro *www.asus.com/media/global/products/yxBvsszZDrMOdkbg/v0ZkNdEKxP6HsZVd_480.jpg

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Believe me,Anything apart from Asus ROG or TUF series looks like it belongs in some Rapsta Black guy's gaming rig
Wtf were asus smoking when they made this gold and black color scheme?

Top Bottom