Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsat

Broken In
No sound on my Ubuntu 7.10 nd i also need a player to play Mp3s nd other sound files.Wat abt the rest of the drivers such as graphics for my Acer 5920 where wil i find them 4 linux

ManishSinha

Addicted to FOSS
You didnt realize it so far?
First give a proper topic title so as to get proper replies.
Just "help", "ubuntu", "linux", "pleas help me", "help me" etc are always avoided.

For sound, try to get the gstreamer codecs, google gstreamer codec installation on ubuntu

You arnt getting any sound, type alsamixer in terminal. unmute all channels using M key and use up/down button to increase/dec sound level.

Rahim

Married!
You have to install gstreamer plugins (K-Lite codec pack like) to play mp3 and other video files.

sayakb

Right off the assembly line
Open a terminal and type in:
Code:
sudo apt-get install linux-backports-modules ubuntu-restricted-extras
First one contains sound driver
Second one would be all gtreamer packages. You may also install VLC media player and Exaile mp3 player:
Code:
sudo apt-get install vlc exaile
Rather than installing 8.04, you can wait for 8.10 (to be released in Oct last week IMO)

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I'm amazed . For a request of help on a distro we suddenly have people asking the OP to change to another distro? Distro Hopping isn't a solution its a workaround.

First of all Do you get an error message? Do you care to post your chipset or other board specifications. Did sound ever work ? Does it work in Windows. First of all open the sound applet and click test to test if your sound works at all, try changing the options. If it does then its a codec issue and you can do what the people above said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom