Ubuntu users alert..malicious code on prowl..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
cool_techie_tvm said:
Guess what, this has even made it to the front page of digg !!

*www.digg.com/linux_unix/Ubuntu_Malicious_Command_Warning

lol...digg it man:D

Sykora

I see right through you.
@praka et al : Why is everyone bashing naveen? IMO this is one of the most important pieces of advice one can give to new linux user.It tells them that Linux is secure enough that the only way the system will crash is if you do something stupid -- the point remains that it can still be crashed, so watch out.

Good post, but I'm surprised it took so long for people to start (both posting malicious code, and noticing that it was being posted).

NucleusKore

TheSaint
@Sykora....look at the thread title
"Ubuntu users alert..malicious code on prowl.."
I was expecting a vulnerability as in a virus when I opened this thread.
Yes the commands are dangerous but it could have been presented more accurately. Its more like don't openly trust anyone you meet on any forum, no offence meant to any fresh stock here, but its a precaution you take on ANY forum, not necessarily computing.

Also note there is a difference between dangerous and malicious. Format in Windows can be a dangerous command if you do not know what you are doing, BUT IT IS NOT MALICIOUS.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Absolutely. Although I really appreciate the OP for the article/post, the title chosen is totally misleading.

No MODS reading this ehh ?

Btw, praka, Nice article there :)

Sykora

I see right through you.
@NucleusKore : So if I gave you the source code for a virus, it would no longer be malicious?

I admit the title is _slightly_ off, but certainly not so much to get offended or irritated. At least the title is controversial enough to get everyone to take a look at the thread :)

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^well said.
First i too thought have a created a worst title.
To say the truth i just copied and pasted just like any other news being submitted here.that too i am doing from mobile,its kinda difficult.
Kindly understand.i just want people to know about these command so that they wont fall for any naughty work of hackers through mail and other stuffs.yes i do agree that linux has got least or no virus...but let me ask..how many of the linux users are well versed with all these commands?
I dont think so many will know.

I that case..atleast many will come to know what these codes are and how they can be harmfull.

Others who are irritated and versed people of ubuntu can go to other thread and reply...
I had no intention of flaming on ubuntu users..i dont know why prak is so irritated...dont worryy dude many things like this are yet to hit net once your ubuntu becomes popular.

Until then your so called vista fanboy like me can atleast have a happy days not worrying about ,how to remember the idiotic commands...which i think only dev should know and bang their heads with...not me..
I didnt start it.yöü did it.
Thanks anyway..

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Sykora said:
@NucleusKore : So if I gave you the source code for a virus, it would no longer be malicious?

Is format in windows cli a virus?

I think I made myself quite clear earlier :)

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i can make a virus, its damn easy:
1) create a .bat file
2) name it XXX.mpg.bat
3) write inside format c:
4) echo u r a dumb addict

done man, yeah it was that easy..lol
wait:
soon a patch willl be coming from MS to correct this malicious code