Ubuntu Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
So guyz as I was looking forward to try Ubuntu again I got struck in a problem
The installation CD isn't working fine but i have a backup copy if data on CD but that isn't bootable

I want to install Ubuntu from my HDD not from Live bootable CD

I can though boot into DOS at startup using some bootable CD but I want to install Ubuntu using the files from HDD

If Someone can help..!!!!

Installation Drive C:\
System P III 999MHZ

praka123

left this forum longback
U have to have a grub installed with lines pointing to the loop mounted ISO image of installation cd in hdd.

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=589021&highlight=install+from+harddisk

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=316093&highlight=install+from+iso

and many other guides are available.one thing to remember is,after installation,u have to make sure ur cd/dvd drive are detected and working.

over with suse & yast :D ?pppoeconf is anytime better than yast's messy complex scripts JFYI.

OP
Ecko

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
over with suse & yast :D ?pppoeconf is anytime better than yast's messy complex scripts JFYI.

Thanx 4 help

Suse is always a hit
Just a bit resource heavy
Yast is as always the easiest method to install :)

I'm trying from morning to install ubuntu & till not haven't got it installed :D
This irritates me the most:confused::confused::confused:

Was trying it as gagandeep said that i should give it another try:))

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
hope this is what you want

*help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromHardDriveWithFloppies
*help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromWindows
*help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
LOL. Yes, since january on my office system. I have ubuntu on that. I have had mandriva, debian, ubuntu, dsl, knoppix, puppylinux, sabayon and centos on my home system during the same duration. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
^Talaivar Vaazga ;) BTW,Archlinux needs some expertise !use kdemod repository for kde which is fastest!

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
/me just found a few other distro names which he is downloading also to install. :)

just kidding yaar. I have had it with installations. For over 1 1/2 weeks, all i did was install distros. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom