Ubuntu OS: Drivers Support for Laptop

Hi
I have never installed Ubuntu os. I want to try it on my laptop. I'm using Sony Vaio sve1513ynb model laptop.
I want to know if I install Ubuntu will I be able to get drivers for it. If yes can you post the link as well.

Also just want to know what are the advantage of Using Ubuntu over a Windows 7 / Windows 8.
Are all the programs compatible with Ubuntu os.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Try to boot from pen-drive first and see if you are compatible with UI, wheter the drivers and the apps(or their alternatives) that you use are available.

IMO, I like Ubuntu more than Windows 7. If not for Windows App Development, I would have dumped win7 already. BTW, I dual-boot *ahem* version Win7 and Ubuntu 12.10

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
If you're into tech field I would suggest you try Ubuntu atleast once but if you're not then don't go for it because it's a little bit more complicated than Microsoft Windows.

Windows app wont run on Ubuntu (Linux)

I haven't tried it but isn't Wine supposed to run your exe's ??

icebags

Technomancer
create a live usb and run ubuntu from that usb drive for once and u will know how it will do in ur machine. and decide whether u want to install it on hdd or not.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Ubuntu will put windows to shame as far as native driver support is concerned. Only issue will be dual graphics, you may need to disable dGPU.

Top Bottom