Ubuntu Customization Guide v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
*tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/11/23/ubuntu-customization-guide-v2/

Check this out guys :D

Ani here is your updated theme :) *rapidshare.com/files/71511264/Mac4Lin_GTK_Aqua_v0.3.tar.gz.html

Regards

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
God bless u bhai good guide no great guide

arre yaar ... awn is not opening only .... i installed it it has come under system->preferneces but when i click on it nothing happnes :(

Last edited:

Kenshin

meowww meoww
awn is not opening :( for mee too

iMav said:
God bless u bhai good guide no great guide

arre yaar ... awn is not opening only .... i installed it it has come under system->preferneces but when i click on it nothing happnes :(

same thing...:(

F

FilledVoid

Good guide. My 2 cents. AWN is not actually known to be stable. Theres a huge thread on ubuntuforums.org. I got couple of errors compiling error but was able to get it to run with them. I don't seem to have problems now. but not all APplets it provides work properly.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Great work, Shashwat :)

Btw, for those whom AWN is not working kindly post the output of command "avant-window-navigator" in the terminal.

praka123

left this forum longback
make sure ur /etc/X11/xorg.conf contains
Code:
Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "Enable"
EndSection
enabling compositing!just to make sure!

Kenshin

meowww meoww
infra_red_dude said:
Great work, Shashwat :)

Btw, for those whom AWN is not working kindly post the output of command "avant-window-navigator" in the terminal.

Hey I ran tat avant-window-navigator and i got the dock....
Once the dock came now am able to access awn manager...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Kenshin said:
Hey I ran tat avant-window-navigator and i got the dock....
Once the dock came now am able to access awn manager...
u can even start the dock from applications-> accessories ...

Kenshin

meowww meoww
hehe ha re....and how to make the dock a bit away from the edge...ie i want to increase the offset of the bar and not the icons.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The reason why I asked you to post the output of avant-window-manager in Terminal was to get to know error messages, if any. Its still not a stable release. Its good that its working now :)

The Bar offset CANNOT be changed.

Kenshin

meowww meoww
Ohh and can i change the icon of launchers and notification icons....like rt now i hv added the notification area to the bar....and this pidgin icon kinda looks odd hehe
*i10.tinypic.com/7yq6i4j.jpg

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
This is coz the Pidgin icon used in the theme is NOT scalable. You need a theme with bigger icons. To maintain clarity icons which are not scalable are NOT scaled.

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Posted the whole article here .. Like I did with UCG v1 :p Mods please del.. this 1

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom