Ubuntu 8.10 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IMO there seem to be no worthy reason to try out 8.10. Its nothing revolutionary.

Arch is faster as you choose what to install and what not to. But Ubuntu delivers a all-in-one package. So obviously for enthusiasts gentoo>Debian>Arch>Ubuntu.

But good thing is that Ubuntu comes with many utilities preinstalled.

That last line was "He came, he saw, he sucked major cock" from Stalker Clear Sky.

Dunno what was so inappropriate :rolleyes::D

IMO there seem to be no worthy reason to try out 8.10. Its nothing revolutionary.

But the speed improvements ? It has a better gnome, KDE4.1, etc, doesn't it ? Doesn't it offer ANY speed boosts compared to the old 8.04 ???

Arch is faster as you choose what to install and what not to.

Really ? Even when I had installed the complete KDEmod, arch was faster than ubuntu's gnome.

But Ubuntu delivers a all-in-one package.

All in one ? I think the best all in one thing in ubuntu which is otherwise hard to compile together is ubuntu studio. :D

So obviously for enthusiasts gentoo>Debian>Arch>Ubuntu.

Lolz U comparing Debian to arch and saying debian is MORE enthusiast oriented ? Debian is a good, infact, excellent binary distro for slightly more experienced linux users, but arch is waaaay more enthusiast oriented than debian. Debian is for those who need something rock solid for servers.

But good thing is that Ubuntu comes with many utilities preinstalled.

And so do DreamLinux and SimplyMepis, which make for better debian distros than ubuntu IMO if only they had ubuntu's vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast repositories compared to debian's huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge repositories.

That last line was "He came, he saw, he sucked major cock" from Stalker Clear Sky.

Dunno what was so inappropriate :rolleyes::D

rofl :lol:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
damn.. still OpenOffice 2.4.1.. i already have OOo 3.0 for Windows.. why is Ubuntu behind in the department

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Ubuntu is great, its hardly a full day and here we go Kernel regression Linux Kernel Regression in Ubuntu 8.10. Upgrade Now! - Also applies to Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Edubuntu 8.10 - Softpedia :p Thank goodness I have Arch/Mandriva on my back ;)

Mandriva has OOO 3.0 :)

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I am confused over fresh install or Distro upgrade. After fresh install is there any bugs like wireless issues which was present in 8.04. It was a lot of pain for me to do wifi in 8.04.

No replies:mad:

Has any one checked Wi Fi issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom