Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) queries by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have used EasyBcd to use vista boot loader. however when i boot it directly boots to vista. it doesnt shows any option for ubuntu. I want fresh install of hardy. So i will delete gusty partition and will install hardy.:)

Please guide me for installation

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I got a Core 2 Duo E6550 & Intel DG31PR motherboard, which edition should I download? 32bit or 64bit?
Unless you have more than 3Gb of RAM & Do lot of CPU intensive tasks.
there no other reason for you to install 64bit an OS.
Go with a 32bit Os

I have used EasyBcd to use vista boot loader. however when i boot it directly boots to vista. it doesnt shows any option for ubuntu. I want fresh install of hardy. So i will delete gusty partition and will install hardy.:)

Please guide me for installation
I suggest you to install via Alternate Install CD.
*help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/

Last edited:
OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
Today i installed hardy on my laptop but i cant enable nvidia display drivers can any one please explain how should i enable nvidia drivers in hardy

OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I am not able to change screen resolution, it shows only 800x600 only. I have checked restricted drivers, it shows drives enable but not in use. How should i enable it. Please explain me:eek:

praka123

left this forum longback
open a terminal and type "sudo nvidia-xconfig" and its done.
what resolution you want?post it here :eek:

d1g1t

Stupid Member
another reason to get the 64 bit version Hardy is to experience lots of bugs and crashes! :(
After failing 3 times, I switched to the 32bit version.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^Eh ,! I am using 64bit edition on my laptop and haven't faced any problem..Though I must say that 32bit has ease of availability of s/w but 64bit has improved a lot since earlier release :)

OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
@praka, When i typed the above command it shows command not found.

maddy@Madworld:~$ sudo nvidia-xconfig
[sudo] password for maddy:
sudo: nvidia-xconfig: command not found
maddy@Madworld:~$

I have installed 32bit version. I want normal resolution of 1260x840. My laptop has nvidia geforce 7150m gpu. Please help me:(

OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have installed CCSM and enabled all plugin, i also installed emarald theme manager but i cant able to apply theme. i dont know whats the problem is.
As per custmisation guide it requires 3d composite manager. However i enable 3d windows in CCSM. how shld i apply emarald themes:confused:

At last i am able to connect wirelessly in hardy.:p i have tried to do it gusty but it was a too much pain for me.

Those who are not able to connect can check following link for troubleshooting

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766560

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I have installed CCSM and enabled all plugin, i also installed emarald theme manager but i cant able to apply theme. i dont know whats the problem is.
As per custmisation guide it requires 3d composite manager. However i enable 3d windows in CCSM. how shld i apply emarald themes:confused:

At last i am able to connect wirelessly in hardy.:p i have tried to do it gusty but it was a too much pain for me.

Those who are not able to connect can check following link for troubleshooting

*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766560
Buddy you need to enable it, like i said in post #31
gary4gar said:
enable it via System>preference>appearance>Visual Effects>Custom

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Which flash are you talking about ? Coz flash from Adobe does not work on 64-bit systems and you have to use nspluginwrapper to get it working! I am using it that way though ;)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^Which flash are you talking about ? Coz flash from Adobe does not work on 64-bit systems and you have to use nspluginwrapper to get it working! I am using it that way though ;)
I simply installed ubuntu-restricted-extras meta package after 8.04 install. after that flash worked out of box;)

no extra config was needed

[edit]
i checked, the nspluginwrapper is automactically installed along with flash on 64bit systems

praka123

left this forum longback
hey guys!using nspluginwrapper aint a sin! :D atleast it helps 64-bit guys enjoy flash :)
I read in archforum etc like use swfdec-plugin rather than flash blah :D

OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I got the answer just need to run command 'emerald --replace' and emarald theme got applied.:eek:

After next boot, if still no emerald then need to place same command in sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom